New CEO? | Page 2 | Vital Football

New CEO?

The highly paid CEO should get the RIGHT players in, even if that means they arrive at the end of the transfer window
When did the season start? After next week is it?

Oh no, that's when OUR season starts apparently. The rest of the championship started accruing points 4 games ago.

A highly paid CEO has responsibility to make sure we start the season with a squad that at least is competitive, even if the top signings take longer.

Here is a reminder of how competitive we have been

Screenshot_20210822-093153_Scores.jpg

Says the man who thinks a highly paid CEO of a football club with 6 weeks of a transfer window to work in should have a 2 month honeymoon period

Says the man who relied on what if's to support a fantasy theory.
The point is over your head Pope.
I will judge him after the window and even then we don't know the FACTS pope. We have no idea as to the parameters he is working to.
An example being Christie. It's been posted here that he couldn't agree personal terms.
There's a budget. Perhaps ours is tighter than we all thought.
But I'm summising.
I would rather deal with facts Pope.
Suggest you do the same.

Stop being so touchy, duck. It's a football forum where people take the piss out of each other and that's what this is (as well as moving the CEO discussion to its own thread). I never said you blamed him for the last 20 years but you openly say that he should go (if CH goes). You seem to think that 5 weeks (in the actual job) is long enough to put right the last 20 years.

For some reason, you also seem to think that he is now in charge of everything. On one thread you tell us that Levy dictates the Kane thing but Murphy's gone down even further in your estimation if Marinakis has any involvement in his role. Owners/boards don't hire CEOs and then just say do what the fuck want with our company. The CEO has to work within certain parameters/budgets/etc. You don't know what they are and neither do I.

It just seems extreme to be wanting a CEO to be removed after 5 weeks when he hasn't actually 'failed' yet. He seemed to do ok at Barnsley, has he suddenly lost his ability, or are there possibly other factors at play here?

I am not being touchy, and yes, taking the piss is all part of the fun of being on a Forum.

Equally, I have no problem being of a minority view point, a position you frequently take.

Unlike some of the vegetables on here, you FULLY understand the points I am making, and I would bet that deep down, you agree with some of them.

We all want to watch decent football but that downward spiral started way before Hughton arrived; should he have improved matters, maybe, but it would have been extremely difficult with tools he had at his disposal - the lack of a decent forward has been evident for at least three seasons.

And lets face it, that set of tools has gotten a lot worse this season when they should have been better.

The CEO was fully aware of that; not 5 or 6 weeks into his job, he would have been aware when he was interviewed.

The fact that this seasons squad is the poorest it has been since the glory days of Fawaz is down to one man, and one man alone.

When did the season start? After next week is it?

Oh no, that's when OUR season starts apparently. The rest of the championship started accruing points 4 games ago.

A highly paid CEO has responsibility to make sure we start the season with a squad that at least is competitive, even if the top signings take longer.

Here is a reminder of how competitive we have been

View attachment 51240

So if the RIGHT players aren't available until the end of the windows (for whatever reason) you'd prefer the wrong players at the beginning?

Says the man who relied on what if's to support a fantasy theory.
The point is over your head Pope.
I will judge him after the window and even then we don't know the FACTS pope. We have no idea as to the parameters he is working to.
An example being Christie. It's been posted here that he couldn't agree personal terms.
There's a budget. Perhaps ours is tighter than we all thought.
But I'm summising.
I would rather deal with facts Pope.
Suggest you do the same.
"I would rather deal with facts"

"Perhaps our budget is tighter than we all thought"

:rotfl::rotfl:

When you decide you want to actually start dealing with facts.... Actually, don't bother letting me know

I'm talking about it. I'm asking you a VERY simple question, why can't you just answer it? Which is your preference good/right players this week or bad/wrong players 3 weeks ago?
Let's get this very clear.

I don't have to answer a single question you ask, ever. How arrogant is it to think that, just because you ask a question, someone has to answer it?

So if I choose to answer your question, I'll answer in my own way, thank you.

Your penchant for ludicrous black and white "would you rathers" offers nothing to debate because it bears no relation to how the world actually works.

You ideally need a couple of players in every position, more up front, plus perhaps younger players as a third option. You might sign some very strong first XI players as well as some squad players who might not be first choice every week for the strongest side, but can deputise well and do a good job. That doesn't mean they are the "wrong" players.

We knew we needed new fullbacks, new attacking midfielders/wingers. You need to make sure the squad is at least competitive for points.

You can try and at least get the right squad players in. We should have started the season with a left back at least, even if it wasn't necessarily the top target.

Why the name calling? You're one of these sad, deluded types who has to shout anyone down who has the temerity to not subscribe to your views. You result to insults. That's your mo. Proper keyboard warrior. 😂😂
You realise you called me a fantasist in your previous post right?

Find me anywhere else I have insulted anyone on this forum. Quotes please.

I'm making a real exception in your case in response to your own provocation. Have a look at your own behaviour before you start crying to the mods about someone else's.

You've gotten back exactly what you have given. If you can't handle that, don't give it.

Let's get this very clear.

I don't have to answer a single question you ask, ever. How arrogant is it to think that, just because you ask a question, someone has to answer it?

So if I choose to answer your question, I'll answer in my own way, thank you.

Your penchant for ludicrous black and white "would you rathers" offers nothing to debate because it bears no relation to how the world actually works.

You ideally need a couple of players in every position, more up front, plus perhaps younger players as a third option. You might sign some very strong first XI players as well as some squad players who might not be first choice every week for the strongest side, but can deputise well and do a good job. That doesn't mean they are the "wrong" players.

We knew we needed new fullbacks, new attacking midfielders/wingers. You need to make sure the squad is at least competitive for points.

You can try and at least get the right squad players in. We should have started the season with a left back at least, even if it wasn't necessarily the top target.

It's arrogant expect an answer on a football forum? Look it's quite obvious you won't answer the very simple question, not because I'm arrogant and not because you 'don't have to' (you sound like a 10 year old schoolgirl) or because it's a black and white question; you won't answer it because you'd (wisely) pick the second option and that doesn't help with your 'argument'

It's arrogant expect an answer on a football forum? Look it's quite obvious you won't answer the very simple question, not because I'm arrogant and not because you 'don't have to' (you sound like a 10 year schoolgirl) or because it's a black and white question; you won't answer it because you'd (wisely) pick the second option and that doesn't help with your 'argument'
Don't tell me what I'd answer.

You constantly try to boil down situations to and/or choices that don't exist. You cannot simplify the world how you want to.

It is never as simple as "would you rather the right players at the end of the window or the wrong players at the start". Why would you imagine that football is that simple?

You constantly frame bullshit binary option questions to try to push your opponent into saying what you want them to say, then claim you've won when they won't do so.

No, I don't have to pick from your binary options because life isn't like that and neither is football.

You've had my answer, you've had my reasoning. Take it apart as much as you want, debate it however you want. Just don't expect to be able to push people into an answer that suits you

Don't tell me what I'd answer.

You constantly try to boil down situations to and/or choices that don't exist. You cannot simplify the world how you want to.

It is never as simple as "would you rather the right players at the end of the window or the wrong players at the start". Why would you imagine that football is that simple?

You constantly frame bullshit binary option questions to try to push your opponent into saying what you want them to say, then claim you've won when they won't do so.

No, I don't have to pick from your binary options because life isn't like that and neither is football.

You've had my answer, you've had my reasoning. Take it apart as much as you want, debate it however you want. Just don't expect to be able to push people into an answer that suits you

Of course it's that simple. If someone said to you do you prefer Coors and lime or Guiness and vinegar you'd be able to answer. If someone asked me (and probably most on here) whether we'd prefer good players at the end or average at the beginning we'd be able to answer. I can certainly answer.

You realise you called me a fantasist in your previous post right?

Find me anywhere else I have insulted anyone on this forum. Quotes please.

I'm making a real exception in your case in response to your own provocation. Have a look at your own behaviour before you start crying to the mods about someone else's.

You've gotten back exactly what you have given. If you can't handle that, don't give it.
😂 😂 What a cockwomble you are Pope.
Crying to the mods? I haven't contacted them. Why post that? That's not true popey.

the most stupid post of he year nd weve had some dumb ones. shit manager, bottom of the league nd still managing to sign players, fkn mircles being worked already