New CEO? | Vital Football

New CEO?

JC21

Vital Football Hero
Right chaps, this prick's had 5 week's to sort out the 20+ year mess out and done fuck all. He's got to go, who do we want to replace him? Mao? Pope? All suggestions welcome

When you take a job where the most important part of your year is the transfer window...

And that transfer window has 6 weeks left open when you are appointed...

And the squad as it is is not good enough to survive...

And five weeks into the six you have, fuck all has happened...

Right chaps, this prick's had 5 week's to sort out the 20+ year mess out and done fuck all. He's got to go, who do we want to replace him? Mao? Pope? All suggestions welcome
Stan the man would have had all of this sorted on day 1.

When you take a job where the most important part of your year is the transfer window...

And that transfer window has 6 weeks left open when you are appointed...

And the squad as it is is not good enough to survive...

And five weeks into the six you have, fuck all has happened...

So a CEO only gets ONE transfer window? (that hasn't even fucking closed yet)

So a CEO only gets ONE transfer window? (that hasn't even fucking closed yet)
What do you mean "only gets one transfer window"?

I don't decide who "gets" anything.

But if you want to see the consequences of fucking up one when you have a squad that isn't good enough to survive... Well, do you remember the league one days? I do.

What do you mean "only gets one transfer window"?

I don't decide who "gets" anything.

But if you want to see the consequences of fucking up one when you have a squad that isn't good enough to survive... Well, do you remember the league one days? I do.
But IF you did decide he'd be gone in under LESS than one transfer window, yeah?

Just the way you speak. So for clarity, you're happy for Murphy to carry on?
My happiness has nothing to do with anything.

I am not generally in the habit of calling for people to be sacked, unless they happen to be a government minister.

I am critical and perhaps even angry at the lack of activity given what has happened to the squad, and the disastrous position this leaves us in. That's not the same as calling for someone to lose their job though.

My happiness has nothing to do with anything.

I am not generally in the habit of calling for people to be sacked, unless they happen to be a government minister.

I am critical and perhaps even angry at the lack of activity given what has happened to the squad, and the disastrous position this leaves us in. That's not the same as calling for someone to lose their job though.

You avoid answering questions like government ministers

Last edited:
Perhaps I came at it from the wrong angle. You say your ‘happiness’ has nothing to do with anything yet you spend all day, everyday telling us about your ‘unhappiness’ and pessimism, which you obviously think has everything to do with it. So, are you unhappy that Murphy will be our CEO tomorrow?

Perhaps I came at it from the wrong angle. You say your ‘happiness’ has nothing to do with anything yet you spend all day, everyday telling us about your ‘unhappiness’ and pessimism, which you obviously think has everything to do with it. So, are you unhappy that Murphy will be our CEO tomorrow?
I wasn't especially thrilled with his appointment in the first place and very much remain to be convinced

Really!

You are much better than this, or are you making a hostile takeover for Plummer's crown?

You will need to brush up on your cut and pasting skills if you want that gig.

Show me where I have blamed him for the failings of the last 20 years?

Making such a ridiculous claim is a sure sign of a weak argument.

To claim that being in a job for only 5 weeks is a good excuse for not getting any deals over the line is equally ridiculous - the hard work was done before he arrived all that was left for him to do was negotiate.

There is no honeymoon period in the top job, that is why CEOs command the big wage.

Are you seriously saying you are happy with the current squad?

Would you be happy if the new guy comes in, attempts to play differently with the same players and takes us down?

That will not happen though, and you know it.

The new manager will come in and three, four or five new players will appear, just like that.

You do not like Hughton, you have made that quite clear, so you would most likely be happy with that scenario because the end justifies the means.

But while that charade has been going on people have been conned in their thousands; that does not sit easy with me but you have probably had more experience of it than me and are happy with it

Stop being so touchy, duck. It's a football forum where people take the piss out of each other and that's what this is (as well as moving the CEO discussion to its own thread). I never said you blamed him for the last 20 years but you openly say that he should go (if CH goes). You seem to think that 5 weeks (in the actual job) is long enough to put right the last 20 years.

For some reason, you also seem to think that he is now in charge of everything. On one thread you tell us that Levy dictates the Kane thing but Murphy's gone down even further in your estimation if Marinakis has any involvement in his role. Owners/boards don't hire CEOs and then just say do what the fuck want with our company. The CEO has to work within certain parameters/budgets/etc. You don't know what they are and neither do I.

It just seems extreme to be wanting a CEO to be removed after 5 weeks when he hasn't actually 'failed' yet. He seemed to do ok at Barnsley, has he suddenly lost his ability, or are there possibly other factors at play here?

The point flies over your head like Brennan's free kick yesterday.

If Forest could defend in injury time, Barnsley would have been relegated that day and you would never have heard of Dean Murphy at all

And again your point isn't valid. It didn't happen so you have constructed a scenario to suit your agenda.
Stick to facts popey.
Fly over my head? 😂
Get a grip pope, you really do post utter drivel.

And again your point isn't valid. It didn't happen so you have constructed a scenario to suit your agenda.
Stick to facts popey.
Fly over my head? 😂
Get a grip pope, you really do post utter drivel.
Says the man who thinks a highly paid CEO of a football club with 6 weeks of a transfer window to work in should have a 2 month honeymoon period