New Cardif striker missing | Vital Football

New Cardif striker missing

It seems Cardiff offered to take care of a flight but were told the player and his representives were organising it.

I have flown in light aircraft from Guernsey to Jersey by Aurigny and they used 3 prop 12 seaters.They fly very low across the sea possibly unpressurised. It can be very rough weather at this time of year, ferries coming into Guernsey are frequently late due to rough seas and winds.

I felt a little exposed on my flights so having only one prop and one pilot on a much longer flight than just island hopping would worry me . It has been suggested Cardiff in hindsight may have insisted he flew on a commercial flight in a bigger aircraft.

The Piper being pressurised can fly higher but if something goes wrong that means a more treacherous descent with no engine.

If it was a weather issue there is a real question about the decision to fly.

I have checked the safety record of the Piper PA 46 310p which is an early version and the same model of the one that is missing. Many people have died flying in them, engine failure is often mentioned. I checked the first 8 or so accidents and stopped, so many fatalities.

116 fatalities for this model since 1985 using the 310 engine. Mostly numbers of 2,3,4 each accident so you can imagine how many crashes to get to 116. Also the 350 hp model has many fatals. Some reports of structure fails in bad weather and steep descents. Lots of engine failures. If you Google Piper pa46 310 p safety record. The first site lists all the accidents , click on the date and a report comes up.

Light aircraft may all have similar records to the Piper but I am sure if Cardiff had looked at this they would have insisted on a large commercial jet.

An aviation consultant said today this model has had proportionately a high number of accidents and deaths. The pilot was also not licenced to earn money carrying passengers.

A series of text messages suggests Jack Mckay a Cardiff player and son of the agent liased with Sala over the flight in conjunction with his father the agent. This then went through a man named Henderson who had previously arranged flights. Sala wanted a flight at 21.00 from Nantes but the pilot had to fly on up North home afterwards so 19.30 was agreed instead. This was arranged at the players request and via Jack Mckay. Commercial flights were deemed too inflexible for the timings required.

These aircraft are not ideal for night flights in winter over water. Freezing rain, ice and wind are risks which adversely affect light aircraft especially single engined.

Why was a Cardiff player organising air transport with a new signing ? Cardiff already said they offered to arrange the flight but Sala told them he would take care of it. He asked Mckay how much it would cost, the reply...it's free. !!!

This sounded like a disaster from the off. The pilot was a crazy by the sounds of it. Sala was telling everyone that the plane sounded off, the guy was poor in his approach to the flight etc. SHAME! Young guy dies needlessly. Condolences to the family and club. SHOCKING.

Nantes showing no mercy in asking for the first Installment payment before Sala is put to rest. Legally it seems they may have a case but it seems a little insensitive.

I am intrigued how the insurance will work.....If in place. Sala chose to arrange his own transport despite Cardiff offering to take care of it. Was he insured ? Will they pay up. I heard the pilot was not licenced to fly for payment. The insurers could say he was being flown illegally so any insurance is void.

The sad thing here is that there's closure on Sala but the pilot's body isn't found. Makes you wonder whether there is the same intensity to find the pilot as there was the footballer.

The Flamengo tragedy is even sadder.

Terrible. At least he has been found.

NRD I was thinking the same thing earlier. Always comes down to money. Sad world we live in.

Terrible. At least he has been found.

NRD I was thinking the same thing earlier. Always comes down to money. Sad world we live in.

It does but had a little more money been spent on a decent air transport company he would still be alive. A Lear Jet or the like. There are many lessons to be learnt from this tragedy.