Never Mind | Vital Football

Never Mind

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
All this Oyston/Belekon shit, what I want to know is how are YOU doing dear Bear?
Give us an update....

Thanks Bob. the beard is growing and should regain its full glory in about 2 years. Am recovering well at home with sleep, a diet of pureed food and gentle exercise. The swelling in the mouth, especially the lump of arm that has replaced the lower gum and the floor of the mouth is very , very slowly reducing. In a week or two it should have developed its own lympathic drainage system and things should speed up. I get the biopsy results on Tuesday which should indicate whether a bit of radiotherapy is indicated or not. Walked 2 miles to the surgery yesterday to have dressing changed and though it was tiring, I generally feel pretty good.

The real plus of the experience has been feeling the love of family and friends.

As a foot note I never thought of myself as a cancer risk type. I follow all the advice about diet and have never smoked. My cancer is a classic snuff dippers/ smokers cancer. The good news is that it is also one that is definitively curable so if they have got it all out my life expectancy shouldn't be reduced, Thanks for all the good wishes and support. If only the cancer in our club could be cut out once and for all.

Off to the kitchen now to cook a classic bread and butter pudding for the liquidiser.

Teddy, it is good to know you are on the road to recovery. I will look forward to the usual banter with you once you are ‘up and at it’...?