Never keep us Down v Already Down | Vital Football

Never keep us Down v Already Down

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Makes a pleasant change not fretting about a result, seems to have been a long long time.

Wonder what team selection he'll go for, we obviously want to win the final game but do you give a nod to the future and select the likes of Aasgaard, Merrie, Joseph, Long ?
I'd hope the ones who are making noises about committing for next season get some game time.

I think we will start with the usual 11 give them the chance to see out the final game. Expect asgard to get a game at some point and maybe 1 or 2 for a final farewell.

Should really be a comfortable win 3 or 4 nil hopefully

I’d like to see McGurk actually play for the first team before his move in the summer. Might help boost up the compensation fee.

Talal on Twitter says

WAFC - 4 wins in our last 6 games has been amazing. But next season we're going to rock this league! You ain't seen nothing yet!!!"

Get in there Mr Chairman

Didnt Sharpie say something similar

I hope these men haven't been out on the lash all week, lets go into this game like the last few games and end the season with a bang!

Zakky have you got a link to that comment from Talal?

Players who have been playing while carrying knocks , injures etc.also players who may or not be here next season.And finally players who are desperate to stake a claim for next season 👍

Players who have been playing while carrying knocks , injures etc.also players who may or not be here next season.And finally players who are desperate to stake a claim for next season 👍

Thats the full squad you daft sod, :slap: no offence but i think you make it up as you go along!

Thats the full squad you daft sod, :slap: no offence but i think you make it up as you go along!

Give it a rest mate. Sometimes, your negative takes are reasonable, and your targets are sometimes deserving.

In this instance your deliberate misinterpretation makes you look a little sad, and the input from Benvernutti has been welcome all season with his/her informed snippets re injuries and selection.

Save it till next season when things start to go tits up again.
(y)

Give it a rest mate. Sometimes, your negative takes are reasonable, and your targets are sometimes deserving.

In this instance your deliberate misinterpretation makes you look a little sad, and the input from Benvernutti has been welcome all season with his/her informed snippets re injuries and selection.

Save it till next season when things start to go tits up again.
(y)

Glad you agree!

Glad you agree!
Things go tits up at times (for however short a period that may be) for most clubs during the season.

When that happens, most of us keep our toys in the cot, though it is fun watching others chuck theirs about like they're Geoff Capes !

:whist:

Not sure if that comment from Talal is a statement of optimism or a statement of intent.

But never will your money go further than it will now if you are willing and able to invest.

2 of the standout players from L1 in Moore and Lowe cost us about 5m combined 2 years ago. This summer the equivalent would probably comfortably cost you half or less due to everyone being skint. Same probably with wages - 2 years ago the bigger clubs at this level were probably offering as high as 4-5k again for the top players that's probably halved.

So while we understand we aren't going to be silly and spend way above our means every year - if the new owners want to invest this year will probably be the best to ever do it. As you can probably pick up young talent with lots of potential when the market is at it's lowest point cheap and in a year or two when crowds are back and market recovering their value will sky rocket.

It's easy to say when it's not your money but if I was our new owners I'd see this as a window of opportunity to speculate to accumulate. Just about identifying the players with the right potential.

Last edited: