Never a better time to renew our season tickets!! | Vital Football

Never a better time to renew our season tickets!!

Londonimp12

Vital Reserves Team
Feeling very positive after watching the match today.

We were comfortably competing with a side challenging for the play offs whilst we still have 10 more games of this transitional season to continue to improve our style with minimal risk involved (too the naysayers - we aren’t going anywhere, don’t worry!).

Today’s result was another really important point for us whilst it was great to see a number of players contracted for next year on the team sheet.

Particularly pleasing to see Bostwick back at home today being the man mountain that he is. Bridcutt has also been a superb acquisition, really hope we get him signed up for next year, somehow.

A few more creative additions and who knows, we could be knocking on the door of the play offs next season.

We go into the summer with a far healthier bank balance and no risk of losing our star players because we’ve already made a tidy profit from them!

The rebuild is in full swing, the fans know it and were in fine voice again today!

All that’s needed now is for us all to renew our season tickets next week to help our club continue the positive journey we’ve been on since 2016!

Feeling very positive after watching the match today.

We were comfortably competing with a side challenging for the play offs whilst we still have 10 more games of this transitional season to continue to improve our style with minimal risk involved (too the naysayers - we aren’t going anywhere, don’t worry!).

Today’s result was another really important point for us whilst it was great to see a number of players contracted for next year on the team sheet.

Particularly pleasing to see Bostwick back at home today being the man mountain that he is. Bridcutt has also been a superb acquisition, really hope we get him signed up for next year, somehow.

A few more creative additions and who knows, we could be knocking on the door of the play offs next season.

We go into the summer with a far healthier bank balance and no risk of losing our star players because we’ve already made a tidy profit from them!

The rebuild is in full swing, the fans know it and were in fine voice again today!

All that’s needed now is for us all to renew our season tickets next week to help our club continue the positive journey we’ve been on since 2016!

Loving the positivity. Anyone that doesn't renew, especially if they can, is taking a chunk of money away from the playing budget next season!

Get behind Appleton and the team. Up the Imps!

The people connected with the club have just provided us with three of the most memorable seasons in our history and we are on course for our highest league finish since the mid 1980's. Furthermore the club have come out with a clear and positive message to invest in and build a progressive young side committed to playing attractive football. I cannot think of another time when the people running our club were more deserving of our continued support. For anyone thinking of not renewing their season tickets (unless financial or inability to get to games dictate otherwise) I would simply say this: Look up the dictionary definitions of the words supporter and fickle, give your heads a wobble and get them renewed.

Last edited:
When is the renewal period btw?
Starts this Monday 24 February, and continues until 23:59 on 9 March.

If anyone is not excited by the fact that we are about to finish in our highest league position for 35 years; if anyone is not excited by the highest crowds for 60 years; if anyone is not excited by having a clutch of exciting young players to carry us into our next era; if anyone is not excited by having the right manager to challenge for the Championship in a year or two; if anyone is not excited by the prospect of profitable stadium development; if anyone is not excited by probably the best board of directors the club has ever had; go do something else on a Saturday.

I gave up my season ticket at the start of last season when I moved back to Malaysia - in part because I didn't want to deny local fans the chance to attend when my seat would be lying empty for most of the season. However, I've decided that if there is any sort of discernible drop-off in renewals for next year, I'm going to put my hand in my pocket and become a holder again.

As has been said very eloquently here (and on other threads), this board absolutely deserve our support after the investment given. It's not just the money though, it's the care, love and respect they have shown for our club and city as well... you've only got to listen to Clive speak and that comes through in spades.

So if the club need my £350 in the event that a small minority of new fans depart after a so-called 'mediocre' season, I'll do my bit to pick up the pieces.

Up the Imps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I give up my season ticket at the start of last season when I moved back to Malaysia - in part because I didn't want to deny local fans the chance to attend when my seat would be lying empty for most of the season. However, I've decided that if there is any sort of discernible drop-off in renewals for next year, I'm going to put my hand in my pocket and become a holder again.

As has been said very eloquently here (and on other threads), this board absolutely deserve our support after the investment given. It's not just the money though, it's the care, love and respect they have shown for our club and city as well... you've only got to listen to Clive speak and that comes through in spades.

So if the club need my £350 in the event that a small minority of new fans depart after a so-called 'mediocre' season, I'll do my bit to pick up the pieces.

Up the Imps!
Great stuff. I have similar emotions - I have not made it to a single home game this season and feel a tad guilty in case anyone needs my seat, but here's the thing: as things stand, no one does.

I have managed to get to three away games this season, and we have lost all three. I will be at Tranmere for sure, and possibly Bristol Rovers if Jules twists my arm hard enough, and I would be at every home game if I didn't live in another country. I have no desire to sound virtuous or superior in any way, but this is the club I have supported for 49 seasons now. It is my club, and to be in League One is living a dream.

This club deserves our support, and that is as far as it goes.

This is the biggest test. If the fans want to see a club continue to progress, the fans will massively dictate this.

This has been the biggest test in the last 3 seasons in the highest League we have played in over 20+ years ago. Let’s give MAPP and the club all the tools to deliver success.

Saying that I haven’t heard anyone saying they wouldn’t renew.

There is great positivity for the Club from the fans, almost more so since the Board made it clear this is a transitional season and they are excercing necessary cost control for a long term sustainable future. The fans have taken to MA and respect his no nonsense, straight talking approach with a base being laid for a stronger, younger, quicker squad for next season.

Due to the distance and work commitments I can only make it to probably 14 home games a season, but like others will be renewing. The Club needs the money, and preferably as early as possible. If it can be afforded, either by lump sum or instalments, no reason not to take advantage of the "early bird" offer. Hope everyone is pleasantly surprised by next week's take up. The journey continues.

I'm expecting a small drop in sales. We've certainly had an upturn in dissenting voices on here.
One won't be me by the way!

Yes this has been a tough season . But we all should have realised that before it started. I am also excited by the way the club are developing and have total belief we have the right Manager.
I have supported this club for 58 years now I was born in Lincoln and the Imps are in my blood .
Some people have tried to compare the recent run of results to the debacle under Tilson. What I saw yesterday was a team with a lot of young inexperienced players
Fight for every ball against a very physical strong team with the elements in there favour in the second half.
No heads went down and we battled for a good point. The Tilson side would have meekly surrender. These young players will have a great future and I see no reason why it can't be with the Imps.
There is a brand new train waiting in the station so get your tickets now to enjoy the new journey, and it won't be in reverse.

Two of us will renew this week for sure. I am excited about the future and want to remain a part of it. 57 years I have followed the Imps and never seen them reach the second tier (we did come close once or twice in the early 80s) but I believe with the current set up, we could reach the promised land sometime soon.

See you at Tranmere, Scotty; our first ever visit there and possibly our last chance for some time.

No dissenting voices near me in U4 yesterday , just saying what a great view we have of the Common. Still think we will get 5,000 + renewing.