Nelson | Vital Football

Nelson

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Signed a new two-year deal, a bit surprised given his age it's two years, but I suppose keepers do go on longer these days.

I'm pleased with this. First choice this year, with Hadler as backup. See how he progresses this year, and then let him push Nelson for first choice.

Cracking news. Positive news coming from the club these past 10 days. Just need Wright to sign and continue looking at squad improvements (forward, CB)

Sorry HerrLjunga, I just re-read what I wrote and it doesn't make sense!

I meant, start with Nelson as first choice with Hadler as backup, and let him push Nelson as he progresses over the course of the season.

Surely Nelson will start and then for cup matches JED will give Hadler a few games and experience

Good news. He's got his faults and has made the occasional clanger last year, but in general he's kept us in games brilliantly over the course of last season. He is a 1st class shot stopper IMO and well worth his contract. Being only 34 2 years is northing surely. Good keepers can go to 37-40 these days can't they?

Look forward to Hadler challenging him for a first team place. I really hope we give him the experience he'll need this season. let him play some of the Johnstone's paint trophy games and then maybe let him out on loan short term (and sign another keeper on loan temporarily as cover). See how he does in the conference or something...

Brad Friedel was really showing his age at 38 when you could see how his reflexes, and agility had declined. Went on a bit too long in my opinion. So was surprised that Villa played him until almost 40.
Nelsons contract taking him up until 36 years of age is about right in my opinion. After that it's a downward spiral. When he does hang up his gloves I for one will be sorry to see him go. A truly great character.

Can't forgive him for his blunder against Wigan. I mean when its the ONLY gills game your going to see all season....... Bitter and twisted Moi? (must get this twitching eye thing sorted out).
And another thing these Sig things at the bottom of posts . How do you do that?
DOX ILSJ DOX ILSJ Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thought he'd leave and join Southend. Very glad he's stayed given that we have some issues down the spine of the team.

Just a centre back to partner Ehmer and a 20+ goal scorer and we should do OK (hopefully) :70:

Good news indeed. Sad that people mention the odd clanger when he's been worth almost a goal a game with his brilliant shot stopping.