Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach | Page 4 | Vital Football

Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach

Parents don’t realise/appreciate the effort and time that goes into running even a kids side

Having said that I took it far too seriously at the start. Then as I went on i just realised that I was there purely to facilitate these kids having fun with mates, keeping off the streets and getting exercise . None of them were in the universe of making it, so who cares.

Bloke at work runs a girls team and I laugh at how serious he takes it. I just say to him you will come to realisation that it doesn’t matter and you will regret how seriously you took it. It isn’t for the coaches it’s for the kids and I think
grown adult wannabe Pep’s forget it sometimes.
Mate the Kid's football is full of egotistical nob-heads who think their kid is going to play for England or they are the next Pep. Give em a long coat, a note book and a badge.
All my kids went to the same school but so many teams were made up of kids from all over the west midlands. My Lad ended up at Brierley Hill Bullets, Won the cup and runners up in the league but hated every minute because he wasn't with his mates. I ran that team for one match and all the kids asked if I could be a manager because they enjoyed my training so much.

thought it was his assistant that was linked - garrity ?
so assistant coach, who coaches, to be replaced by manager who I guess still coaches.
Maybe the new assistant coach, who may coach, will bring along an assistant to the assistant coach to do the coaching if the new assistant doesn't do coaching ?

get in - never have too many pool links hey la

Yes Villan watched my Nephew from Nippers football to open age via a spell at Bodymoor. Plenty of know it alls but plenty of level headed people who loved football. Some talented boys who were discarded too early as physicality seemed more important than natural ability. Results more important than performance and development.

Yes Villan watched my Nephew from Nippers football to open age via a spell at Bodymoor. Plenty of know it alls but plenty of level headed people who loved football. Some talented boys who were discarded too early as physicality seemed more important than natural ability. Results more important than performance and development.

I knew non of my lads would make a league player at the age of ten, and I had one that averaged 3 goals a game at the age of 13. just fantastic lads who are all now 41 and still keep in contact. One got as far as Lye town and another is a scout for the noses and our top striker is a PE and maths teacher now

A good appointment for me, welcome Neil.
Hopefully we'll see more evidence of his work at BH displayed on match days unlike the previous incumbent.

Parents don’t realise/appreciate the effort and time that goes into running even a kids side

Having said that I took it far too seriously at the start.

My dad was a bit like that too, he was used to winning and our team was shite but none of the lads had bottle. Used to drive me mad, me and the smallest lad on the team were the only two hard tacklers and people who'd get stuck in. And me, my dad and the other fellas dad always seemed to be the only other people who hated losing.

I still have a problem with losing to this day because I played on a team that got hammered weekly for about 2 or 3 years. The first two years we had a great team until 5 or 6 of our players got poached. When I got asked to play for the county team I realized what it was like to win again so I moved across town to the other team where most of my friends were. My dad was interested in running the club at that point so winners all round.

Fuck me that was a rough couple of years. We were dogshit and to this I cannot stand losing and I really cannot stand when people dont get stuck into tackles.

Just a thought, and not wishing to rain on the parade, but if Critchley is that good then why did he not get the Rangers gig too?
Perhaps Rangers isn't that much of a step up? You'd gain more actually managing a team in league one and the championship than being an assistant in the SPL.

i'll reserve judgment til i've seen how we play next season. Can't say i saw much shape, style under Beale to be honest other than we are trying to play a system we don't have the quality to play. Maybe this will change with the summer additions

i'll reserve judgment til i've seen how we play next season. Can't say i saw much shape, style under Beale to be honest other than we are trying to play a system we don't have the quality to play. Maybe this will change with the summer additions
We'll play how Gerrard says we'll play surely. The coaching staff have to carry out his wishes not their own. I think that's how it works, the Boss is normally in charge.

Just a thought, and not wishing to rain on the parade, but if Critchley is that good then why did he not get the Rangers gig too?

He wasn't with Gerrard at Rangers. He was in the coaching set up at Liverpool before getting the managers job at Blackpool.

I coached an under 14 side to the league undefeated all season, my only qualification was I'd watched the Villa for 25 years at the time. Brilliant time, I met one of the boys the other day at my granddaughter's school picnic, he's now a 41-year-old man and he introduced me to his own lad. You can't imagine how proud I was but I never had a single football qualification.

Now I don't think you're even allowed to coach kids without some sort of certificate

There might be a job going in B6 in October. Get your long coat and tactics book out (for the lads).