Need a laugh? Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool, the man, the mouth | Vital Football

Need a laugh? Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool, the man, the mouth

D

Departed

Read this......

https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown?lang=en

Brendan Rodgers' 'magic carpet ride of development': Liverpool manager on Tottenham, Southampton, Luis Suarez and more... his Anfield career in quotes

Liverpool are currently 12th in the Barclays Premier League

Liverpool were beaten 3-1 by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday

Brendan Rodgers side have lost their last four games in all competitions

Sportsmail gives you the manager's best quotes from his time at the club

By HAMISH MACKAY FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 11:18 GMT, 24 November 2014 | UPDATED: 20:53 GMT, 24 November 2014

When a young Championship manager proclaimed in 2011 that his greatest influence and inspiration in life was himself, eyebrows were raised.

As Brendan Rodgers' time in the limelight increased, the now-Liverpool manager's proverbs have become part of Premier League life. But more than a few of these have come back to haunt him.

Here, Sportsmail gives you Rodgers' Anfield career in quotes...

Brendan Rodgers' quotes and proverbs have become legendary, but not always for the right reasons

2012-13
'It's not just about training players, it's about educating players. You train dogs.'

'I will leave no stone unturned in my quest - and that quest will be relentless.'

'That's the problem with being a manager - it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.'

'It (the documentary Being Liverpool) was something I didn't watch, and thankfully it's over.'

'I think there are three players who will let us down this year - the cause, the fight, everything - and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.'
Brendan Rodgers admits to playing envelope mind games (Archive)

Rodgers admitted that he never watched the documentary Being Liverpool, and didn't enjoy being in it

Rodgers admitted that he never watched the documentary Being Liverpool, and didn't enjoy being in it

'I use a quote with the players, "Per aspera as astra", which is Latin for "Through adversity to the stars".'

On Luis Suarez: 'He's a good guy.' He also said: 'He's so clever.'

'I've always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can't live for a second without hope.'

'I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.'

'I believe a young man will run through a barbed-wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.'

Rodgers described Luis Suarez as really clever and a good guy, some footbalelrs may disagree

Rodgers described Luis Suarez as really clever and a good guy, some footbalelrs may disagree

'I've always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79 per cent chance of winning a game of football.'

'When we have the football everybody's a player. The difference with us is that when we have the ball we play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 and a goalkeeper.'

2013-14
On his speech about envelopes: 'There never were any names.'

'When we lost at Stoke last season I got home on Boxing Day night and family and guests were all around the house. I went straight upstairs to my room and didn't come out.'

Rodgers said that Tottenham should be challenging for the title considering the money they spent in 2013

Rodgers said that Tottenham should be challenging for the title considering the money they spent in 2013

'Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100million, you expect to be challenging for the league.' (Liverpool spent £113m in the summer of 2014)

2014-15

'They don't have to sell. (Southampton) have a choice. Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe.

'It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can.'

'Lots of players are really impressed by what we are doing as a club and really excited about coming to Liverpool.'

'The last 18 months we have been on a magic carpet ride of development but we still have a lot of growth to make.

'We obviously lost a world-class player but our challenge now is to progress. It will be slow but steady and that will always be the best way to get to where we want to.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847108/Brendan-Rodgers-Tottenham-Southampton-Liverpool-manager-s-career-quotes.html#ixzz3K7Iay2BZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100million, you expect to be challenging for the league.' (Liverpool spent £113m in the summer of 2014)

Love that bit.

Selling top top players for £80/£90 million is a poisoned chalice...whoever you are...kids in a sweetie shop often make the worst buying decisions....I mean you only need to buy one gobstopper but usually end up with too many! :10:

While finding his comments amusing I am going to wait for the loud laughter for the fat lady to sing and to comment on the quality of the man, Brendan Rogers. LOL

This is pretty good.............not great....good.

[youtube=14jYFCznJf8#t=98]