Nearly two years.... | Vital Football

Nearly two years....

McPoolie19

Vital Youth Team
Attended first game today post covid since Ebbsfleet nearly two years. Crowd haven't aged well but who has. After being outplayed in first half Pools came back well to get a point. What I don't understand is why Holohan and Shelton aren't playing as thought White was really poor and offered nothing. Very impressed with Byrne, Francis Angol and Featherstone. More than enough there to see us safe for this season. Great crowd.

Sounds like you had a good day out. White seems to be hyped a very great deal so it is good to read the thoughts of a real fan who has actually seen him play. In mitigation, he is only 19 and may well be struggling with punishing Tue Sat Tue schedule. Shelton has been playing mainly as a sub lately but Gav Holohan is right out of favour, isn't he? Maybe the type of player who could have pinched a goal late in the game but I presume Lee felt big lads were needed to combat Sutton's physicality, hence bringing on the Middlesbro lad, Fletcher who is a 6 footer and Carver another bigun. A point against a top six side who dont lose many is not too bad though we all want wins.

Something of a clunky performance by Pools, especially in the first half.not sure if the recent schedule of games has caught up with some or if the illness in the squad were factors. Sutton's direct and aggressive play seemed to take some by surprise.
I thought White struggled particularly with the physical elements of Suttons approach. A game played like this prior to Spike's appointment would almost certainly have been lost, however there is now a more steely element to Pools.

I don't think anyone knows what the situation with Shelton and Holohan is, however given recent results it is hard to argue with team selection.
It is interesting that the Mail is reporting that Cullen may be aboto leave in the coming week!