Nations League Internationals. | Page 12 | Vital Football

Nations League Internationals.

Harry Redknapp. With the short time period left he's the best answer.

I feel sea sick watching that Harry Kane interview. never stopped swaying the whole time. Very uneasy having to answer those questions.

Our best player of his generation. Needs stripping of the captaincy though (like Joe Root) and being allowed to focus on his own game. He hasn't got the charisma, intelligence or bottle to be a captain but he could be leaps better than what he's shown recently. He needs to want it more again.

Based on an experimental line up to have a look at some kids. Plus some very jaded players after a long season.?
It's been a long season for everyone. But if you want to use that argument then you can't use the kids argument as they haven't played as much at their clubs as most didn't go far in cups if they were in it.

Plus, usually we would be going straight into the world cup. Would a long season be the excuse for a poor showing at it?

It's been a long season for everyone. But if you want to use that argument then you can't use the kids argument as they haven't played as much at their clubs as most didn't go far in cups if they were in it.

Plus, usually we would be going straight into the world cup. Would a long season be the excuse for a poor showing at it?

I said experimental kids PLUS some jaded players. That's not a good recipe. Southgate admitted he got selections wrong but he also said he can't keep flogging the same players.

There were those touting for a world Cup win for England this year.
I did state at the Euros that given the amount of home games they got it was little wonder that they progressed so well.
They have been a ticking time bomb, a very lack lustre side for quite some time, I'm not English but I take little pleasure in this as I always support the home side as I want the Prem to be the best in the world.
But it is back to the drawing board...

I said experimental kids PLUS some jaded players. That's not a good recipe. Southgate admitted he got selections wrong but he also said he can't keep flogging the same players.
The Hungarian players play club football too. Also, given they are a smaller nation I would guess that they have had nowhere near the level of rotation that England have had.
He got the selections wrong by relying on players who are rarely good enough.
He got the selection wrong by once again picking another RB to play LB. He doesn't learn and continues down that silly path.
He blamed the hammering on him making attacking subs to chase the game and so had too many attacking players on the pitch. I don't think many football watchers would say that was at all the case.
He then said he is under pressure that no other england manager has had to face because there is now the nations league. Imagine a top level manager complaining about getting to be challenged against good teams instead of playing minnows in friendlies and then patting themselves on the back. A good manager should relish that as that is who they need to play in big competitions.
Then look at his record in the last 2 major tournaments. The only teams that he beat that are mentioning are Croatia in the groups of he euros and Germany in that same tournament. And remember he was criticised during those tournaments for the same things that are being said now. England should have higher standards tbh.

He should be congratulated for bringing a feel good factor to the team. Beyond that there's not much worth praising