National League | Page 3 | Vital Football

National League

Torquay have done really well to turn the club around as quickly as they have when you consider where they were after our memorable Easter victory against them only 4 short years ago and some of the clubs at that level. It also highlights the unending nightmare the Wrexham fans are having to endure.

Wrexham are long overdue a return as North Wales needs a league club; hopefully next year at the expense of one or two other clubs I can think of.

Slight variation off topic. But I see a load of national league teams and below have had points deductions and fines imposed today for non fulfilment of fixtures. I fully support heavy point deductions or even demotion to a lower league., but cannot see the point of fines that the clubs probably can't pay or may be the final nail in their coffins.

Slight variation off topic. But I see a load of national league teams and below have had points deductions and fines imposed today for non fulfilment of fixtures. I fully support heavy point deductions or even demotion to a lower league., but cannot see the point of fines that the clubs probably can't pay or may be the final nail in their coffins.
Fines do seem ridiculous in the current climate. A lack of income brought about by reasons beyond their control will have found some clubs in significantly worse positions than others to cope with a financial squeeze.

The only counter argument I can see for that, is whether the clubs who played ball and incurred the expense of continuing, in turn put themselves at a financial disadvantage next season, compared to the others that went into hibernation.

And following on from that, how many of the clubs that did play ball, only did so because they were going for promotion/play offs, rather than any altruistic considerations.

I'm sure Dover fans are nice enough, but I'm delighted their points deduction stands. Parmenter is a right prat - there's a reason very few agents will deal with Dover (Kinnear being another problem as well but he left a couple of years ago).

I think Dover got more than their fair share of the funding as well.