National League | Vital Football

National League

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
See the Hollywood team didn’t make the playoffs.
Chesterfield v Notts County should be a tasty fixture

I think you'll find that once the Hollywood version is written you'll find that Wrexham actually came back from 5-0 down with 10 minutes today to win the British Cup with a last minute winner by their goalkeeper Sylvester Stallone

So, one former football league team will be making a comeback next season.

Play off semis (next weekend):

Torquay v Notts Co.
Stockport v Hartlepool

County v Chesterfield was a very good game - County snatched it in the last 5 minutes - today's game was different as Hartlepool were 3 up at half time and Bromley pegged them back to 3-2.

Some ex Imps on show Mrs Slocombe's lad playing for County and Chris Bush for Bromley, who looks to have shed a stone or two since playing for us.

County v Chesterfield was a very good game - County snatched it in the last 5 minutes - today's game was different as Hartlepool were 3 up at half time and Bromley pegged them back to 3-2.

Some ex Imps on show Mrs Slocombe's lad playing for County and Chris Bush for Bromley, who looks to have shed a stone or two since playing for us.
Rowe & Wootton (sp) played as well

Team the finishes 2nd should go up, even in the EFL team that finishes 3 should go up. End of. A hard seasons work could be undone by a bad ref decision in the final minute of a playoff game. But they are ridiculous part of football so there it is

Team the finishes 2nd should go up, even in the EFL team that finishes 3 should go up. End of. A hard seasons work could be undone by a bad ref decision in the final minute of a playoff game. But they are ridiculous part of football so there it is

Playoffs are great unless you're in them. A hard season's work undone by a pants performance at Wembley...

Playoffs are great unless you're in them. A hard season's work undone by a pants performance at Wembley...
Or a day out at Ashton Gate, Bristol. The day before restrictions are potentially lifted, so maximum of about 3,000 tickets per club.

Or a crap performance in any play off game. Bromley yesterday one defeat in tge final 13 games , all undone in 7 crazy minutes. Still for Bromley to be in the playoffs at all is remarkable , the only team in the playoffs with no league experience

Or a crap performance in any play off game. Bromley yesterday one defeat in tge final 13 games , all undone in 7 crazy minutes. Still for Bromley to be in the playoffs at all is remarkable , the only team in the playoffs with no league experience

I got bored after watching for 15 mins, so turned over .... more fool me :slap:

Yeah but if we didn't have playoffs, they'd be slightly-higher-than-midtable also-rans nowhere near promotion.

Play offs keep the season going for plenty of teams who'd otherwise have nothing to play for in the last month or so, making what would be meaningless games so important.

Play offs games themselves, particularly second legs are often some of the most entertaining games you'll see all season.

Also, everyone knows the rules before the season starts.

We know the pain of the play offs more than most but I think they're great.

Yeah but if we didn't have playoffs, they'd be slightly-higher-than-midtable also-rans nowhere near promotion.
So if Lincoln finished 3rd , went into the plays offs , and lost to a 93 minute dubious penalty to a team that finished 5th you wouldn't complain?? Sorry I mean moan. Many on here would lol