National Anthem for England | Vital Football

National Anthem for England

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
As most of us know, England (as distinct from Britain) does not have a national anthem.
As I'm not English, I shan't vote but, for me, it'd be a toss-up between "Jerusalem" and "I Vow To Thee, My Country".

Land of hope and glory for me followed by Jerusalem. The only issue I have with Jerusalem is the name of the song, it seems a bit odd to me to have a patriotic song for England named after a city on the other side of the world.......although I do understand why.

While we're at it, I'd like to change the British anthem to Rule Brittania.

Yeah I love Jerusalem but it would be weird name for our anthem however I think it would be our anthem if we had followed Russia's lead on royal families not that i'm condoning it of course.

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark Satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire
Bring me my spear! Oh, clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire
I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Til we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land!

None of the above, i would prefer MC Hammer ''can't touch this'' or maybe Spandeu Ballet ''True'' this would be much better than the drivel above imo :108:

ClivetheVillan - 12/11/2013 22:59

None of the above, i would prefer MC Hammer ''can't touch this'' or maybe Spandeu Ballet ''True'' this would be much better than the drivel above imo :108:

Clive dear, dear, where is your finesse? :22:

Not proud of this country anymore KK dear, im being honest we stand for things butting in other countries issues risking our soldiers lives for political purposes, plus it would be funny seeing England players do the MC hammer tbh

Green Tea - 13/11/2013 00:11

Not proud of this country anymore
--------

Why?

Just the leaders the bankers the energy companies, the wars etc the ordinarly people suffer for the few at the top and we allow this, just my feelings dude i luv what we people stood for in our history but not what we stand for today, i live in a hoodie area where the kids are just let loose on the streets bosting up what they like some are only 8 years old at about 11pm at night, this country for me has gone to the dogs

ClivetheVillan - 13/11/2013 00:34

--------

Why?

Just the leaders the bankers the energy companies, the wars etc the ordinarly people suffer for the few at the top and we allow this, just my feelings dude i luv what we people stood for in our history but not what we stand for today, i live in a hoodie area where the kids are just let loose on the streets bosting up what they like some are only 8 years old at about 11pm at night, this country for me has gone to the dogs

It could be worse, I don't think we realise how lucky we are, think of all the kids dying around the world because of starvation, HIV, unsanitary drinking water, while people here complain that a banker gets paid too much.

Yes, David. You should be grateful to the bankers for allowing you to keep enough of your own money to buy food and clean water.

david-avfc - 13/11/2013 01:38

--------

Why?

It could be worse, I don't think we realise how lucky we are, think of all the kids dying around the world because of starvation, HIV, unsanitary drinking water, while people here complain that a banker gets paid too much.

I have to agree: Whilst there is plenty wrong in The U.K that is about people, not our country as a whole.

There is so much good done here too. The problem is negative stuff sucks us all in and certainly would if you live around it, whilst good news doesn't sell media space.

kefkat - 13/11/2013 11:31

david-avfc - 13/11/2013 01:38

--------

Why?

I have to agree: Whilst there is plenty wrong in The U.K that is about people, not our country as a whole.

There is so much good done here too. The problem is negative stuff sucks us all in and certainly would if you live around it, whilst good news doesn't sell media space.
Thats is true seeing times change into disrespectful younger vandels does make you feel sorry for the soldiers who fought for these little ba*tads to be able to go around wearing these hoodies int he first place but yeah there is good in people and things in this country as you say it is hard to see sometimes with the crap that sucks you in for sure,

And we am lucky seeing these poorer countries like the phillipienes that have lost everything and my heart sinks for them we are lucky maybe having something gets you forgetting what its like to have nothing tbh