Nathan's gone | Page 3 | Vital Football

Nathan's gone

• Thread starter Deleted member 10554
  • Start date
Thanks for some incredibly important goals Nathan. I hope all is well with you, whatever you choose to do.

A real asset to the club in all aspects. A fantastic talent on the pitch, the Gateshead goal a personal favorite, a real gent and a great ambassador for the club and the sport. I hope that his future, and that of his family, surpasses his wildest dreams. I am also certain that he will be welcome at th bank at any time.

I guess, if you could hand-pick the finest post-war moments for LCFC, Nathan would be involved in two of them, in those eighty odd years.

True legend as a player, decent and brave as a man, hope it all works out for him whatever he now choses to do.

As well at Those Two Goals, other memories include being denied a memorable goal at Arsenal by a great save by Cech, and, I think his final involvement as a player for Lincoln, as sub at Rochdale , skinning his full back and pinging in the low cross for Ollie's last minute winner.

True legend as a player, decent and brave as a man, hope it all works out for him whatever he now choses to do.

As well at Those Two Goals, other memories include being denied a memorable goal at Arsenal by a great save by Cech, and, I think his final involvement as a player for Lincoln, as sub at Rochdale , skinning his full back and pinging in the low cross for Ollie's last minute winner.
That Rochdale assist was superb wing play. If he had carried on - in footballing terms - in that vein we would have been begging him to stay. Sadly, not to be....

In terms of his current ability, he'll be playing below his level but in order to get involved in the coaching and assisting then he probably had to drop to PT.

On top of that, there's his mental health awareness and he's mentioned teaching, too, so it's a lot to fit in around being FT.

He'll certainly offer as much off the pitch as he will on it.

As I said, I still think he could've had another 3 or 4 years at NL level if he really wanted to, so it's a good signing for Boston's level.

He's been working on the coaching for a while and I imagine he'll be superb at it, he's inspirational and understands the mental aspects very well indeed. Sounds like an excellent fit for him, good luck Nathan!

Hope they do really well, who knows, if they do well they both could be heading to Sincil Bank (post Cowleys) in a few years time.

All credit to him for not only reducing the money he’s on and doing what he really wants but also for it to be for a charity thing. Goods luck Nathan!!

Any excuse to watch that Ipswich goal on the article again. Even without the sound at work, I can still hear the noise and picture it from my seat on the night!