Nathan's gone | Page 2 | Vital Football

Nathan's gone

• Thread starter Deleted member 10554
  • Start date
A little sad how it ended up. I think on 16/17 form he would have still been an asset in this division and who could forget the Ipswich or indeed the Gateshead goal.

I remember reading on here the idea that it would be good if he was in any Cowley succession plans. I genuinely saw a world where he had a decent L2 season and then was maybe bit part going through to becoming a coach. It seems like unfortunately he went a bit AWOL and has obviously had his demons to confront off the pitch.

Best of luck to him with whatever he ends up doing.

Thanks Nathan for all your contributions as an imp, all the goals and top performances( SEE EWEIMPS THREAD) that gained us our league spot back after 6 years in the toilet of football.

We still haven`t filled the role you played in the team and that is testament to the gap you left behind.

You will always be welcome back at the BANK.

ps.....any chances of a cheap haircut, my mohican is looking a little tired at the moment?

Last edited:
A shame, but expected. The Class of 2017 dwindles further.

He's certainly spoken about what he planned on doing after 2018/19 and sounded as though he was going to stop after his contract here ended and go into teaching. Whether that's been brought forward now, only time will tell. Also seems as though his heart is set on raising mental health awareness, which is understandable given his troubles.

He'll certainly do a job at PT level, whether that's back at Alfreton or elsewhere but I also think he'd be an asset to any of the NL sides. He rarely travels too far from his family, so Chesterfield would seem a decent fit.

Ipswich and Gateshead. Two games he'll be remember for. Still give me Goosebumps watching those goals back.

Echo thoughts on here. Watching the end of season DVD you forget how many goals he scored 1st half of the season, most of them good ones too. Not sure what changed for him 2nd half of last season

Sad to hear that but perhaps inevitable. Good luck Nathan in your future endeavors, you're both a truly decent guy and a talented player. Always welcome back at the Bank.

Echo thoughts on here. Watching the end of season DVD you forget how many goals he scored 1st half of the season, most of them good ones too. Not sure what changed for him 2nd half of last season
Probably his mental health issues, his anxiety was so bad before some games he barely drive to ground and yet he somehow managed to play, that's why he was subbed against Macclesfield and so withdrawn during the celebrations.

Thank you for your signature on the the now framed Ipswich moment of magic. It sits proudly on the office wall along with the Cowleys. You have given so much pleasure and created fantastic memories. I extend my best wishes to you and your family, all the very best for the future.

He's put a really nice statement up on his Twitter.
Stopping round here too.
Probably the biggest reason my daughter really wanted to go to watch the imps every week as opposed to being an occasionally visitor.
Her fav player during the four seasons she's been going.

He will always be a hero for his performances in 16/17. I honestly think he was good enough to have made an impact last season. But he just seemed to be struggling with self confidence and who knows what other problems he had going on in his head. Good luck to him a really nice quiet and shy guy.

Nothing but respect for you Nathan, both as a person and as a footballer. Thanks for all the great memories and good luck for the future. Hang tough mate and always welcome back at the Bank.

I’d just like to echo everyone’s comments. He is certainly a treasured character and his goals against Ipswich and at Gateshead are part of our folklore.
All the best Nathan and thank you for everything, my contribution to Cowleys Campaign couldn’t have been better spent!!

Thanks Nathan for all your contributions as an imp, all the goals and top performances( SEE EWEIMPS THREAD) that gained us our league spot back after 6 years in the toilet of football.

We still haven`t filled the role you played in the team and that is testament to the gap you left behind.

You will always be welcome back at the BANK.

ps.....any chances of a cheap haircut, my mohican is looking a little tired at the moment?

Devon I could ask Tom on the Hartsholme if Nathan can use a chair at his place, to sort out your Barnet, I with him all the best whatever he is going on to do.