Nathan arnold | Vital Football

Nathan arnold

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular
Does anyone know what’s happening with him.

Keep seeing pictures of him cutting hair.

Presume if Salford don’t want him he is stuck in limbo without anyone to play for until next season.

Am curious about this too. Not sure of the rules on this (indulge/enlighten me?) - can he come back to play for the Imps if Salford decide internally that they have no place for him for whatever reason or does the loan have to stand unless formally cancelled?

Would really welcome Nathan back for Wembley next wk! He has a great record there and he set up Ollies winning goal at Dale ! Would love him and/ or Ollie to score the winner versus the Shrews. :yehaa:

Davidimp - 31/3/2018 20:17

Injured I believe?

Oh no, not again! He's had a rotten season for injuries, might have panned out very differently had he not got hurt early on. I personally would like to see him back, he brings something unique to the side.

We were saying that during the game yesterday, if that Luton player hadn't have clattered him his season could have been very different.

It is a shame. In an ideal world I would have liked to see him pop up with a late winner at Wembley but it ain't gong to happen.

He was obviously a bit miffed at being left out at City a few times, despite being on good terms with Danny. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out at salford. I'm sure if Danny thought he could go straight back into the side it could be sorted but I guess he's too off the pace now for an immediate return.

Surely it would be in his interests to be back with us fighting for a place in the squad between now and the end of the season.

Maybe he could get a winner in the play-off final instead.

He's a good guy but this Salford thing was a mistake. Hope it can be reconciled.

It also shows that Danny can be ruthless for the sake of the cause.

I do not think it was a case of Danny being ruthless. At the time he said he wanted Nathan to stay and fight for his place in the team but he would not stand in his way as Nathan wanted to go.

What I meant was Danny selects the team on merit and doesn't allow sentiment to affect his judgement. Obviously he didn't deem Nathan to be ahead of certain other players at that time. As he says it's all about the group and what's best for Lincoln City.
Same with Billy Knott, long time friend etc but allowed to go out. Farms dropped not once but twice. That's what I mean by being ruthless for the cause which surely all successful managers have to be.
Players moan all the time about being left out. Danny gave Nathan a choice, he didn't give in to him.
Crucially Danny still has the respect of the players.

Yes I hope so too.
It would be good if Nathan did come back into the frame as he was such a key part of last season.

Bucksimp - 31/3/2018 21:55

What I meant was Danny selects the team on merit and doesn't allow sentiment to affect his judgement. Obviously he didn't deem Nathan to be ahead of certain other players at that time. As he says it's all about the group and what's best for Lincoln City.
Same with Billy Knott, long time friend etc but allowed to go out. Farms dropped not once but twice. That's what I mean by being ruthless for the cause which surely all successful managers have to be.
Players moan all the time about being left out. Danny gave Nathan a choice, he didn't give in to him.
On the other side I know of a player who wanted to leave (on loan) in january to get first team football but DC; I'm led to believe; talked him into staying as he felt he could still play a part. That player has probably been close to MOTM in the past 4/5 games.

Bucksimp - 31/3/2018 21:55

Spot on

Or he expected to play, wasn’t playing, got the arse and oompahed off to Salford, got the arse at the Salford who oompahed him off back to Lincoln (who don’t want him because he got the arse) and he now finds himself with no club hence him cutting hair on match days. Compare and contrast with a certain Mr E Whitehouse......

I don't believe for one minute that Nathan 'oompahed off' in any sense. He has proved previously that he would fight for his place, in fact I'm sure DC has said so more than once. To suggest otherwise is a bit lacking in respect. However, it comes down to the reality of the situation. For whatever reason Nathan has struggled to reproduce his form of last season. I'm absolutely sure Dc and Nathan had several talks about this and his leaviing was an unfortunate reality.