Nathan Ake | Vital Football

Nathan Ake

Gills_in_Japs

Vital Youth Team
40 million bid by Man City accepted. Sh-t, that’s Bournemouth handed the money to challenge for a Premiership return next season. I love Bournemouth as a place and beautiful beach resort, one of my favorite holiday destinations... but AFC Bournemouth I can’t stand. Stretching back to going there for an FA Cup tie when Gavin Peacock scores the winner and he was loving it😡 Our rivalries during the 90’s /2000 aside, I really wanna see them back with us where they belong!😉

40 million bid by Man City accepted. Sh-t, that’s Bournemouth handed the money to challenge for a Premiership return next season. I love Bournemouth as a place and beautiful beach resort, one of my favorite holiday destinations... but AFC Bournemouth I can’t stand. Stretching back to going there for an FA Cup tie when Gavin Peacock scores the winner and he was loving it😡 Our rivalries during the 90’s /2000 aside, I really wanna see them back with us where they belong!😉

Add to that the £25m parachute payment which they will get for the next 3 seasons! They would have been fine without any of that with them having a billionaire russian owner! The same russian billionaire who was responsible for the sandbanks marina extension and the 100 plus million pound apartments!

Blimey, in view of imminent new player signing(s) my first reaction to this topic was "all credit SE that's a helluva recruitment!"

I wish the PL stopped parachute payments and this makes the championship a joke.

The FA could easily re-establish control if they wanted to. It’s a bit embarrassing really when you have the tail wagging the dog.

If it wasn't for parachute payments, the Prem clubs would almost certainly have voted to scrap promotion and relegation by now.
I wish the PL stopped parachute payments and this makes the championship a joke.

The first season we came up to League 1 after promotion in 2013 I remember our first away game was at Wolves! They had been relegated for the second consecutive season and so still received the parachute payment! They announced new £3.5m signing Kevin McDonald on the pitch before kick off and had £8m of signings on the bench!

Has to be said Leeds have won the division and I am certain they don't receive any parachute payments. Also Brentford almost took second place again no payments.

Has to be said Leeds have won the division and I am certain they don't receive any parachute payments. Also Brentford almost took second place again no payments.

Yeah, receive them for 3 years after relegation, but if you take the last 2 seasons West Brom were relegated 2018 and have gone back up...Fulham and Cardiff went down last season and are in the play offs! This season Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich went down! All three will be top 6 next season!

Add to that the £25m parachute payment which they will get for the next 3 seasons! They would have been fine without any of that with them having a billionaire russian owner! The same russian billionaire who was responsible for the sandbanks marina extension and the 100 plus million pound apartments!
I was under the impression that Bournemouth will get £40m first year, £35M second year (assuming they are not promoted) and £15m year three.
I read somewhere there debts were around £100m so a number of their high wage earners are sure to depart.

I was under the impression that Bournemouth will get £40m first year, £35M second year (assuming they are not promoted) and £15m year three.
I read somewhere there debts were around £100m so a number of their high wage earners are sure to depart.

A billionaire owner can offset £100m debt with no hassle!

Yeah, receive them for 3 years after relegation, but if you take the last 2 seasons West Brom were relegated 2018 and have gone back up...Fulham and Cardiff went down last season and are in the play offs! This season Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich went down! All three will be top 6 next season!
I am not so sure of that. Norwich don't appear to have over spent so totally agree.Much the same with Bournemouth although they have less coming in through the gate.So another shot at the Premier league will probably depend a bit on how deep the Chairman's pockets are now.
Watford in my view is different they appear to have spent a lot more.They also look incredibly poor.Players contracts are likely to eat up all of any parachute payments. If Deeney is able to leave fairly cheaply I can't see them being in a good position any time soon.
Deeney signed a five year deal in the summer of 2016 so it is very possible that he could be sold this summer.He will get Premier league suitors I am sure.

Last edited:
About half the Championship have a billionaire owner now.

The gamble if you reach the promised land is either to spend most of the money you will make (like Villa) or bank it, hope for the best and be in a good position if/when you come back down (Norwich).

Don't really like Luton but they did incredibly well to avoid relegation considering their budget compared to other clubs.

City sticking up two fingers again to the financial fair play rules, £41m bid days after the season has ended.
Parachute payments make the Championship an unfair competition. Will be interesting to see how Wycombe do in that league next season!

well ,according to reports today, when our American backers invest millions into the club, we will be fulfilling Scallys dream of premiership football within the next few seasons

well ,according to reports today, when our American backers invest millions into the club, we will be fulfilling Scallys dream of premiership football within the next few seasons
That was a report from March time, article in the Sun, keeps being reposted on Twitter and Facebook, Scally had a couple of Americans with him in the Factory before the West Ham match.