Name Your World XI | Page 4 | Vital Football

Name Your World XI

I'll think about the others in time but my team would be built around Riverlino who blew me away with his skill in the 1970 World Cup Finals.

I was about 15 then and I was glued to watching him and that Brazil team.

And what a mustache:grinning:

Last edited:
---------------Yashin
Carvajal--Beckenbauer-- C.Suarez-- Kolarov
----------Vieira ---- Reo-Coker
Best-------Messi ---- Dalglish---- Eusebio

Last edited:
So is mine still the only legit one? And I was only working with players from mid-90s onwards!

Group I played with were questioning my use of De Ligt (potentially Mbappe too) as being able to go in all-time best but despite many new attempts, I'm yet to find a new option; closest was let down by Pires and Drogba being at Marseille.

The biggest issue we decreed was Milan. Far too many players have been in that city!

For those struggling with the World XI, this one is more relevant to us and actually simpler:

Best XI for Villa in your lifetime, 11 different nationalities, not played for same club (except Villa).

My offer was:

4-4-2:
1. M Bosnich
2. M Delaney
4. O Mellberg
5. M Laursen
3. W Bouma
7. N Solano
11. S Petrov
8. S Davis
6. G Barry
9. J Angel
10. C Benteke

So is mine still the only legit one? And I was only working with players from mid-90s onwards!

Group I played with were questioning my use of De Ligt (potentially Mbappe too) as being able to go in all-time best but despite many new attempts, I'm yet to find a new option; closest was let down by Pires and Drogba being at Marseille.

The biggest issue we decreed was Milan. Far too many players have been in that city!
My 7th attempt is valid I believe

Van Dijk + Shearer = Southampton

That affects my team as well! In my defence the brief is “players who have played in your lifetime” and Shearer didn’t play for Southampton in my lifetime.. does that mean I get away with it? (Please don’t make me start again!)

That affects my team as well! In my defence the brief is “players who have played in your lifetime” and Shearer didn’t play for Southampton in my lifetime.. does that mean I get away with it? (Please don’t make me start again!)
Means you can't pick shearer is the way I read it

I think mine's legit. I've gone over it again and can't find any problems.
shoot me down.