Name Your World XI | Vital Football

Name Your World XI

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
Here's a fun game I've played with my mates on Whatsapp

Name your World XI players, but no two players can have:

The same nationality

Played for the same club

And they have to have played in your lifetime.

It's quite tricky. I think I got a decent team out of it but will post it after a few replies (if any) to see how others did.

Here's a fun game I've played with my mates on Whatsapp

Name your World XI players, but no two players can have:

The same nationality

Played for the same club

And they have to have played in your lifetime.

It's quite tricky. I think I got a decent team out back 3of it but will post it after a few replies (if any) to see how others did.
Kelsey (Wales), back3, McGrath, Beckenbauer,Gentile, midfield, Matthews,Platini, Dalgleish,Gento. Front 3 Messi, Pele and Ronaldo. Some games would finish 8-8 or so but l would buy a season ticket.

Kelsey (Wales), back3, McGrath, Beckenbauer,Gentile, midfield, Matthews,Platini, Dalgleish,Gento. Front 3 Messi, Pele and Ronaldo. Some games would finish 8-8 or so but l would buy a season ticket.
This is tricky isnt it because straight away I went for cheating little sod Maradona but then with the same country rule that lets out Messi.
Iwould also have had Banks in goal, but the lets out Sir Stan.
I will have to give this some more thought.

Not a bad front 3 JP, lol

Yeah Wittonite, there's a lot of crossovers, most of the best players have played for the same clubs at one stage or another, and it makes it harder when they all have to be different nationalities too.

I'd be amazed if anyone picks the same team.

The difficulty for me is the same club rule, the top players tend to cross over the same clubs at some point in their career (barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus etc) especially in recent decades

Cech
Cafu, Van Dijk, Kompany, Alaba
Verratti, Hamsik, Eriksen
Messi, Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo

This is what I came up with, I've checked a few times, hopefully it's legit.

1. Neville Southall
2. Cafu
3. Andy Robertson
4. Javier Zanetti
5. Vincent Kompany
6. Roy Keane
7. Matt Le Tissier
8. Andreas Iniesta
9. Robert Lewandowski
10. Zinedine Zidane
11. Gianfranco Zola

As it was getting more difficult I was genuinely considering The Scottish Cafu until I realised the real one checked out.

Whoops,Gento and Ronaldo both played for Real Madrid so Gento out and
The difficulty for me is the same club rule, the top players tend to cross over the same clubs at some point in their career (barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus etc) especially in recent decades

Cech
Cafu, Van Dijk, Kompany, Alaba
Verratti, Hamsik, Eriksen
Messi, Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo
Rubbish front 3.

Been playing this all day with the added caveat of them having to be from your era of watching football, which depleted my options! I conjured up this:

1. P Cech

2. J Zanetti
4. V Kompany
5. M De Ligt
3. P Maldini

7. Dunga
6. Xavi
8. P Scholes

10. K Mbappe
9. M Klose
11. G Bale

I produced a lot of failed options with many players!

.........................................René Higuita

.......Bobby Moore ........Franz Beckenbauer.......... Paulo Maldini

.......................................Graeme Souness.

...............................Michel Platini..........Luka Modric

......................................................Pele

George Best ......................................Lionel Messi ...........................Eusebio

Get the ball off these Dudes !!

Strange how many players seem to have played for Juve and Barc Real or are Brazilian etc
Couldn't get a right-back if I used Cafu or Carlos Alberto then I had to leave out the greatest player ever in Pele certainly the greatest Brazilian

So I only need 3 defenders as my keeper sweeps up nicely and was way ahead of his time.

----------Jennings---------------
V.Anderson McGrath C.Hendry Koeman Dunga
Cantona -- Baggio-- Ballack
-------- Rush ----- Messi ------------

Manuel Neuer
Seamus Coleman / Alan Hansen / Ronald Koeman / Paolo Maldini
Dunga / Luka Modric / Michel Platini / Ryan Giggs
Sergio Aguero / Alan Shearer

Not sure 4-4-2 would work, but I think this lot fit the criteria and would win a game or two.