Name 10 (realistic) things on your bucket list? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Name 10 (realistic) things on your bucket list?

Well this has descended into a how to dispose of a dead you pretty quickly!

I'm being burnt to a cinder, same as Jim, have no wish for any memorials etc, apart from the 20 foot statue at Villa and in Redditch obviously.

Asleep by the Smiths... Ace of Spades Motorhead and as I go through to be burnt to a crisp, Light My Fire .. The Doors are my songs in my will.

(Have you all got a will? If not, why not, are you mental? Seriously.. and a power or attorney!... Got a good contact if any of you are silly enough not to!)

Bucket list... will have a think. That said, I was once in line to snuff it and I was way way too ill to do anything other than lie on the floor waiting for the brain op.

Sort of pisses on the parade of this thread though that!

James06 - 13/9/2013 13:54

I couldnt give a shit really about mine, all I will insist on is that there isnt a burial, gravestone or any lasting memorial. I dont want my kids or anyone else feeling obliged to spend any of their time at my graveside, tidying it up, laying flowers etc...

Interestingly I used to say exactly the same thing until Mrs VOTN said that she would want somewhere to "visit" me to aid the grieving process. As I'll be gone.....who am I to argue. I'm just not sure I like te way she assumes that she'll be going to my funeral and not the other way around.........should I be worried?

If anyone said that to me I'd say go to Villa Park or such and such a pub, have a pint and remember me there.

Always think people are in your heart and soul not in a plot in the ground. That person isn't there so I'm the same as Jim, I'd not visit and I'd not want anyone to visit mine if I had one.

Here’s my 10 – turns out I have done 3 already. Am I fucked?

Watch River Plate @ the Antonio Vespucio Liberti.

Watch Jamaican cricket team play in Kingston.

Go To the F1 race at Monaco and watch it from a yacht in the harbor.

Fly a helicopter.

Drive a Ferrari 458 at Sliverstone.

Plough this http://www.trueblood-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/s2-15.jpg

Smack Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell head with the same wrecking ball (that counts as one)

Put a humidify and de- humidify in the same closed room and see who wins.

Get shit faced with Georgie Best and hang around his hotel room waiting for Ms World and her mates to show up.

Watch The Villa Win the European Championship before Man City.

Il be writing one off my bucket list next I will be moving to New York to live and work for a year...

1. Sky Dive somewhere
2. Visit Toyko
3. Visit Rome again (Pantheon is some structure)
4. Swim with Sharks or Dolphins
5. Do a safari
6. Go to Macchu Piccu
7. See Pyramids
8. Go to Chichen Itza
9. Take my friends on an epic holiday
10. And Im out of ideas so much I want to see and do Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Bora Bora too much to do in this world...

Id put going into Space as one of them but its not really realistic...

I find some of these suggestions a bit lame if I'm honest.

Why wait until you find out you have 3 weeks left to live before flying a helicopter, or going to Rome. Just do that now. Why wait?

If I had 3 weeks to live I'd like to think I'd be a bit more adventurous and mischievous. No reprocussions people, go nuts, kill a rapist or something!

Do make sure you are terminal before killing though, seriously, it would be a bit of a bugger if you had an op, were saved and then found you were handcuffed to the bed...

Ok, being handcuffed to the bed is probably what some of you dirty buggers pay for to be fair, but you get my drift.

But please, don't let me stop you, murder isn't always bad as I think we've clearly established before.

I think maybe my priority would be to clear my sky+ box of programmes, shame to miss them! :3:

I suspect I'd just spend as much time making the best memories possible with my family, no specific goals but probably a lot of travel and a fair few experiences but the important thing is it would be with them.

Just do that now VOTN, don't wait.

How could I forget setting up a big Crystal Meth empire. I'd have to at least attempt that.

DeanoVilla - 13/9/2013 16:22

Just do that now VOTN, don't wait.

How could I forget setting up a big Crystal Meth empire. I'd have to at least attempt that.

I would except right now I have to be concerned with money.....one of the stipulations of this thread was money was not a problem, and I have to spend time at work as does the wife and the kids at school. Given the restrictions we have on time and money we do try to make the best of things and create those memories but those restrictions are pretty binding sometimes.

James06 - 13/9/2013 12:18

What do you want done at the funeral, just out of interest?

maybe we should have a 'my funeral' thread?

what a good idea Jim :17:

My funeral will be cremation! Shudders at the thought of being stuck in a hole in the ground. I want wafting to the elements so my body is free.

Told the youngsters that a few year ago and they jokingly said ''well you can't stop us burying you..''

To which I retorted 'you wouldn't bury me. It's costs about £5 k more.

Christian services with secular songs for me, to be different to the end, at the crematorium. Songs: 9 million bicycles in Beijing, Forever Young and Fields of Gold. 2 of those songs were played at my wedding to Mr K.

Donation plate to NSPCC & IDAS (formerly Women's Aid)

No flowers. Ashes scattered with Mr K or stored if I go 1st to scatter with Mr K in Kefelonia.

Agrees with memorials and all that. Don't want them

That's me sorted

We had a funeral thread, will see if I can google it, think it was the time I sorted out my new will and put a few bits and bobs down.

If I can find it, I'll bump it back up!

@ deano - ok if i rape a killer then?

edit -

Viking funeral for me, on a boat with (hopefully) everyone who liked me firing fiery arrows at the boat.

oh, and 10K behind the bar for a big pissup