Naismith | Page 7 | Vital Football

Naismith

Oh, that's absolutely possible ..........but he took the risk .......and left us with more food to go round for the rest.

To be fair to the lad though, he has a wife and family. Like you said, can't knock him for it.

I don't mate...if it was my lad i would tell him to flee. Still feels like an " et tu Brute " moment though.

Grew fond of Kal after the admirable way he dealt with being shamefully booed against Reading,so I'm sad to see him go! He showed an incredible strength of character to not only come back from that and prove the doubters wrong,but to also turn into a popular player with the fans,which is great testament to him!

His versatility was so useful to the team and he always gave his all for us when he was on that pitch,no matter were he played.He slotted in well and calmly at CB when we needed him to and when he played further forward in his natural position on the wing he was good as well.
I wish him all the best!

I'll never forget his astounding performance at Leeds when he had to slot into the centre of the defence after we were one down and had been reduced to 10 men after about 15 minutes and yet we won 2-1. Kal, Reece James, Massey and Walton were standout performers that day I recall. Heroes all of them and a victory against all the odds that will long remain in my memory. Thanks Kal - you were always a credit to the team and I wish you all the best in the future.

Really ad to see Naithsmith go, he had become probably my favourite player for the way that he took the type of stick that would cause most player to crumble and then bounced back stronger than ever. Nothing but admiration for the way he conducted himself.

Good luck to him.

It is galling to see us losing players to a team like Luton in the division above us, when less than a year ago Luton looked dead and buried and we starting our great escape. Credit to Luton for what they've done, but it feels so wrong.

Really ad to see Naithsmith go, he had become probably my favourite player for the way that he took the type of stick that would cause most player to crumble and then bounced back stronger than ever. Nothing but admiration for the way he conducted himself.

Good luck to him.

It is galling to see us losing players to a team like Luton in the division above us, when less than a year ago Luton looked dead and buried and we starting our great escape. Credit to Luton for what they've done, but it feels so wrong.
Feel the same. For Kal to be leaving with a contract termination for a bigger move and to find out its Luton is a bit flattening. Get the feeling he needs the right place to get him playing well. Maybe if it doesn't work out we will see him back at some point

Manager Nathan Jones was delighted to finally get his man, who will wear squad number 24, adding: “Kal is a real good fit for us. He’s played against us many times over the years and he’s one that we tried to get in the summer. It wasn’t possible then, but we are delighted to get him in now.

Manager Nathan Jones was delighted to finally get his man, who will wear squad number 24, adding: “Kal is a real good fit for us. He’s played against us many times over the years and he’s one that we tried to get in the summer. It wasn’t possible then, but we are delighted to get him in now.

Considering we let Morsy and Byrne go for supposedly 200k each, I think that translates 'as we offered to take him on a free in the summer and were told they Wigan wanted a token gesture as fee which we still refused to pay'

Feel the same. For Kal to be leaving with a contract termination for a bigger move and to find out its Luton is a bit flattening. Get the feeling he needs the right place to get him playing well. Maybe if it doesn't work out we will see him back at some point
Playing regularly will help him. Playing regularly in one position will help him and playing regularly in the right position will help him even more.
Good luck Kal and thanks for your efforts playing regularly all over the park, playing regularly out of position and for your attitude, commitment and professionalism, ooh and some great performances when you were eventually allowed to play regularly in the right position.

Apparently the reason his contract was terminated was because the club that agreed to sign him were in such financial difficulty they couldnt even afford 100k, looks like Luton could be that club not far off administration in that case then, so Kal could end up back to square one in 6 months! If it is not them then it is a poor move by them, especially as they themselves have suffered administration in the past.

Apparently the reason his contract was terminated was because the club that agreed to sign him were in such financial difficulty they couldnt even afford 100k, looks like Luton could be that club not far off administration in that case then, so Kal could end up back to square one in 6 months! If it is not them then it is a poor move by them, especially as they themselves have suffered administration in the past.
So we've waived a £100k fee for the good of Luton - not sure even the admins would do this - would they ?

Playing regularly will help him. Playing regularly in one position will help him and playing regularly in the right position will help him even more.
Good luck Kal and thanks for your efforts playing regularly all over the park, playing regularly out of position and for your attitude, commitment and professionalism, ooh and some great performances when you were eventually allowed to play regularly in the right position.

Apparently Luton have signed him to play left back after they lost the loan player from Leeds who has played the first half of the season.

Good luck with that then, it's probably the only position Kal played for us that he didn't exactly shine in.

Apparently Luton have signed him to play left back after they lost the loan player from Leeds who has played the first half of the season.

Good luck with that then, it's probably the only position Kal played for us that he didn't exactly shine in.

He came on today in 34th minute to replace Lockyear who played right side of a back 3.
Kal's the very definition of versatile.

Can't quite believe any competent manager who's seen Naismith at left back believes he can play there 🙈

He came on today in 34th minute to replace Lockyear who played right side of a back 3.
Kal's the very definition of versatile.

His versatility is probably one of the reasons he is criticised. Being asked to play out of position so often it's easy to see why he gets so much stick.

I seem to remember other players whose versatility is seen by managers as an advantage complaining that it actually stifled their careers because they were not allowed to concentrate their efforts on their prime position. They therefore ended up playing in a lower division than they would have if they had simply been allowed to play their key position.

Seems they are seen as "jack of all trades, Master of none".