Naismith | Page 6 | Vital Football

Naismith

I believe his contract is up in the summer.
So may possibly get a small fee, but I suppose the Admins were keen to get him off the wage bill. I suppose there may be a chance of keeping him if we can get this sorted quickly...................... that's if his deal's fallen through of course.

So may possibly get a small fee, but I suppose the Admins were keen to get him off the wage bill. I suppose there may be a chance of keeping him if we can get this sorted quickly...................... that's if his deal's fallen through of course.

TBH I fear if his heads been turned we wouldn't see the same player.

I wonder if we should just look to clear the decks and move on all the senior players, Massey, Evans and Naismith and build from scratch under new owners and manager.

It's a blow for us really, we need him off the wage books alongside Massey and Evans or we're in big trouble if we don't find a buyer by the end of the month.

Don't disagree but v.disappointing to have again recieved no value for a player under contract none the less - wonder if Massey and Evan's will shortly follow?
Doubt it if they are injured. They are still getting paid by Wigan, no other club would touch them in the January window so why would they ask to leave.

Don't disagree but v.disappointing to have again recieved no value for a player under contract none the less - wonder if Massey and Evan's will shortly follow?

According to reports, he wanted to be released and the Admins (reluctantly?) let him go. Regardless, how much would do you think we might have got for him? ..... Dos let's assume his wages are what? .... £5k per week? Dunno. TB said his contract expires in the summer ...... let's say 20 weeks left, at £5k pw .......... Do you reckon we'd have got £100k for him?, cos that's what he was going to cost us.

You may be right with the other 2 ................. though I hope we manage to keep hold of Evans. He seemed to look hungry in his comeback game, and gelled well with the kids.

Given the situation we are in I fully expect that Evans, Massey and Jamie Jones move on in the window. We will finish the season with a team made up from the academy, sell the club for half the asking price and take the 15 point deduction.

Clean start in L2 next season....... unless the season is stopped. In which case we will be starting next season with a 15 point deficit but with new owners and a new squad.

Given the situation we are in I fully expect that Evans, Massey and Jamie Jones move on in the window. We will finish the season with a team made up from the academy, sell the club for half the asking price and take the 15 point deduction.

Clean start in L2 next season....... unless the season is stopped. In which case we will be starting next season with a 15 point deficit but with new owners and a new squad.
I'm sure the EFL will be lenient with the points deduction as the were with sheff wed and so on....

Don't blame him for one minute but still feels like he's jumped in a lifeboat as we stand watching on the Titanic.
As he's not going to another club, I see it more as diving in the sea, and taking his chance he can swim to shore ..........leaving more food to go round for those left, and room in the lifeboat for others.
😉

As he's not going to another club, I see it more as diving in the sea, and taking his chance he can swim to shore ..........leaving more food to go round for those left, and room in the lifeboat for others.
😉

Or he jumped in the sea and swam about 100 yards where he is picked up by a boat owned by the chairman of a football team.