Naismith | Page 2 | Vital Football

Naismith

Had another good game for the vast majority yesterday as did the rest of the back 4.Never thought I'd say this after what happened at the Reading game(he deserves so much credit for his response to that in terms of his performances since in an unfamiliar position) but I wish with our lack of cutting edge in the final third we had 2 Naismiths in the team.One at centre half and one on the left wing.
I would keep him at CB for now but when Mulgrew or Fox are fit it could be an option to move him back to LW.He is playing with confidence at the moment and we need that in the final third.I'm sure Moore or Garner would benefit him playing out there providing balls and crosses for them to attack on goal.

Not calling the lad but shows how bad we are when we are praising Naismith at Centre back. Not one other team in the championship would play him there

Not calling the lad but shows how bad we are when we are praising Naismith at Centre back. Not one other team in the championship would play him there

To be honest John, I think there may be one or two premiership clubs that would be looking at him right now. They will no doubt be wondering if this is just a flash in the pan and will he continue to show promise, but if he maintains this form he would be an asset to cherish. There are not may CB's with the ability he has to bring the ball forward and commit opposition players, nor are there many with the composure and range of passes he has in the locker. He has brought out the best in Kipre over recent games and the young man has admitted this is down to playing alongside Kal.

For me, I would be happy to see him retain his spot and try to develop him as the type of CB that Wilder used to great effect in their promotion push last season.

I know that both KDZ and myself were concerned that when he came up against a big bruiser of a centre forward he might wilt, but yesterday proved that he could mix it with the toughest of them. We should leave him in place and if we need to bring in a player to play left wing then lets try to bring one in.