N/G Misheard song lyrics | Page 2 | Vital Football

N/G Misheard song lyrics

Does anyone remember a group from the mid 1980s called Dead or Alive? One of their singles was "Brand new lover". The line from the song is "What I really need to do is find myself a brand new lover". It sounds like "What I really need to do is find myself a brand new oven".

Another from a similar era is "Through the barricades" by Spandau Ballet.
The line "We made our love on wasteland and through the barricades", actually sounds more like "We made our love on braised lamb and through the barricades".

You can write cock! Nobody will be offended!
Thanks cock! Actually though I'd put in a wee edit..... up here all the lasses get referred to as "hen" when they go to the shops and no-one, I repeat NO-ONE has ever complained about it. Took a while before I got used to hearing it all the time.....

Probably the most interesting version of misheard lyrics belongs to the song Wishmaster by Nightwish where it is practically possible to mishear every lyric. And even fans of the group can't agree on what lyrics are the correct misheared version. And it gets worse depending on if you are listening to the album or a live version.

Personally I always hear Steven Siegal rather than Steven Seagull (the correct lyrics is "7th seeker")

I'm not sure any of my lyrics are misheard, they're unidentifiable from the outset. Also, no bugger actually listens to us to mishear anything in the first place. 😂

Heard Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival on the radio today, reminded me that for ages I used to think "There's a bad moon on the rise" was "There's a bathroom on the right"