N/G Misheard song lyrics | Vital Football

N/G Misheard song lyrics

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
I don't know if others will admit to this but there are many songs where I have been mishearing the lyrics for years until I finally decide to check them on the internet.

"The Greatest Dancer" where they sing "Oh what oh wow" I thought for years was "I wish I was".

Stevie Wonder song "I just called to say I love you", I thought "and I mean it from the bottom of my heart" sounded like "and I mean from the bottom of my arse".

OK, I know it's Monday and a slow day but I'd be interested in hearing your misheard lyrics.

I don't know if others will admit to this but there are many songs where I have been mishearing the lyrics for years until I finally decide to check them on the internet.

"The Greatest Dancer" where they sing "Oh what oh wow" I thought for years was "I wish I was".

Stevie Wonder song "I just called to say I love you", I thought "and I mean it from the bottom of my heart" sounded like "and I mean from the bottom of my arse".

OK, I know it's Monday and a slow day but I'd be interested in hearing your misheard lyrics.

Peter Kay video on you tube!!

Too many to mention, the most famous being Desmond Dekker's "Me ears are alight"

When Michael Jackson released "Thriller", Mike Read was the Radio 1 DJ and it sounded like he was getting a name check in the song until you realised that it was "Night Creatures" that was being sung.

I have often misheard lyrics for years but not interestingly in the main. My youngest daughter used to sing There Must Be An Angel and sang There must be an angel fiddling with my heart in place of playing with my heart.

A lifetime ago I went into a record shop in Gravesend, on Queen Street I think, with my mother. I was the very embodiment of the cringingly embarrassed teenager as my mother started warbling away at the shop assistant. My mother was unembarrassable and capable of saying practically anything and worse still, involving me in the nonesense. She went through her extended and very public pre purchase conversation and then literally made my heart stop as she said:

" Have you got that really nice song by the woman with the wonderful voice? Where My Caravan Has Rested it is I think"

During the pause that followed I neither inhaled, nor exhaled. There was no escape route until the assistant saved the day with

" When The Carnival Is Over, The Seekers, six and ninepence please madam."

It was the only record I was ever aware of her buying.

If it's sense you seek then every time you see some self serving U2 type pontificating, or hear rubbish about how the current system is going to help the poor, turn off the sound. Play this loud over the top

Listening to Poker Face by Lady Gaga, I thought she was singing "Cutie Pie" which seemed a bit odd for an American.

Turned out to be "Can't read my".

Bob Marley's - "I hope you like jammin" the wife thinks it's "I hope you Chow Mein":help:

PS - I'm sure we have done this subject before.

Last edited:
U2's Where The Streets Have No Name- I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear done the walls, that hold me inside.
Should be- Bono is a twat 🙂