N/g Line of Duty | Page 3 | Vital Football

N/g Line of Duty

Unsurprisingly, there`s not a very long queue at the recruiting office.

Not unsurprising at all. I think people realise that being a policeman/woman isn't chasing badduns down alleys or trying to protect the public. It's dealing with transgender people that have been misgendered on the internet, or unsticking environment protesters from electric trains. Wouldn't be for me, however good the pension is

Not unsurprising at all. I think people realise that being a policeman/woman isn't chasing badduns down alleys or trying to protect the public. It's dealing with transgender people that have been misgendered on the internet, or unsticking environment protesters from electric trains. Wouldn't be for me, however good the pension is
Ah yes, the "gold plated pension". Makes it all worthwhile.

Ah yes, the "gold plated pension". Makes it all worthwhile.

I know I had a completely different job to you Nobby, but you will love being retired at an early age! You won't have time to do the things you thought you'd be doing, so don't worry if you don't think you have enough hobbies, you won't get time for them anyway 🙂

I know I had a completely different job to you Nobby, but you will love being retired at an early age! You won't have time to do the things you thought you'd be doing, so don't worry if you don't think you have enough hobbies, you won't get time for them anyway 🙂
Still be working a bit I'm afraid, the pension isn't as gold plated as some would have you believe but yes, I will be taking things a lot lot easier than I am now. New Road bike has been delivered today, I think that will take up a lot of my spare time.........

142 days to go if you're interested 😉

Still be working a bit I'm afraid, the pension isn't as gold plated as some would have you believe but yes, I will be taking things a lot lot easier than I am now. New Road bike has been delivered today, I think that will take up a lot of my spare time.........

142 days will fly by! 🙂 About 20 years ago, they split our pension, and you could either have two pensions or only pay half. The ones that are paying half are still working lol Good luck for when you do retire, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do. I actually drink less than when I was working too, so that must say something about early retirement 😊

Re your original post on the misconduct issue:-

"Unless there are other circumstances which I am unaware of"

I'd be astonished if that was the sole reason for disciplinary action and threat of dismissal. It sounds like everyday banter that would go on in any workplace, the police included. Obviously I don't know the details either but I suspect this may be another "PC gone mad" story that doesn't give the full details.

If that is the only "misconduct" then obviously the proposed action is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Not gold plated but far better than the poor sods who have joined in recent years. Ditto in teaching. You and I got/getting out at a good time Nobby.

Btw, Police pension considerably better than the teaching one (I'm not complaining btw, happy with what I've got). The likes of the DM give the impression that all public sector pensions as as good as those of the police.

I'd be astonished if that was the sole reason for disciplinary action and threat of dismissal. It sounds like everyday banter that would go on in any workplace, the police included. Obviously I don't know the details either but I suspect this may be another "PC gone mad" story that doesn't give the full details.

If that is the only "misconduct" then obviously the proposed action is ludicrous.
Be astonished then - he said the text is taken from the South Yorkshire Police site, it took me less than a minute to find the link

https://www.southyorks.police.uk/about-us/our-standards/misconduct-hearings/

I'm astonished people don't seem to know what it is like to work in a large organisation in 2021

Not gold plated but far better than the poor sods who have joined in recent years. Ditto in teaching. You and I got/getting out at a good time Nobby.

Btw, Police pension considerably better than the teaching one (I'm not complaining btw, happy with what I've got). The likes of the DM give the impression that all public sector pensions as as good as those of the police.
I won't moan about the pension although I'm getting out with 26 years in, not the full 30 so it is reduced. My gripe is paying 15% out of my pay packet every month thanks to Lord Hutton, stings a bit but I'm sure I'll feel a lot less bothered when I see the benefits.

. My gripe is paying 15% out of my pay packet every month thanks to Lord Hutton, stings a bit but I'm sure I'll feel a lot less bothered when I see the benefits.
You'd need to pay 3 times that to get a money purchase pension pot big enough to pay 2/3rds salary

There may be other circumstances, but none is referenced on the SYP website misconduct. Doubtless, the hearing will be suitably publicly aired so we should find out. Either way, you shouldn`t be astonished - this kind of thing is not at all rare in police world. "Every day banter" is a minefield within the police service and my point was to illustrate just how dissimilar the police workplace is from"any workplace". The clear origin for the misconduct detail is S/Yorks Police btw - so I believe that the detail is correct.

There may be other circumstances, but none is referenced on the SYP website misconduct. Doubtless, the hearing will be suitably publicly aired so we should find out. Either way, you shouldn`t be astonished - this kind of thing is not at all rare in police world. "Every day banter" is a minefield within the police service and my point was to illustrate just how dissimilar the police workplace is from"any workplace". The clear origin for the misconduct detail is S/Yorks Police btw - so I believe that the detail is correct.
Fair enough. My sources say someone could be using this "discrimination" as an excuse for their own inadequate performance in order to safeguard their position. Sad that the police have to run scared of such rubbish. As I've said before, because of the history of racism and discrimination in the police the modern force are paying for the behaviour from decades ago. My source gets people going on about Stephen Lawrence even.though that was before they were born!