N/g Line of Duty | Page 2 | Vital Football

N/g Line of Duty

Cracking series and this one is absolutely a belter !!
Hastings looks dodgy
Steve looks dodgy
Jo Davidson is dodgy
Buckles could be dodgy
PCC looks dodgy

a winner !!!!

Right, quiet now kids, I need to concentrate 🤔

This week's episode is claimed (by Martin Compston) to be the best ever. Big claim, hope it lives up to the hype.

Cover me, I'm going in.

Away from the fiction of Line of Duty the following is an indication of the real line current day police officers have to tread.

I`ve frequently alluded to how super-sensitive and extremely politically correct the police has become in recent years. I hope the following example of a current real-life situation adds perspective, one way or the other.

Next week a police officer stands to lose his career, pension and reputation over a remark made during a conversation with a colleague. Gross Misconduct is a sackable matter and if found Guilty at the hearing Dismissal is probable. I am unaware of who, specifically, made the allegation - it could have been anyone. But this is the result and it`s not from the Daily Mail etc., , it`s a direct copy from the South Yorkshire Police`s own website:

A description of the alleged conduct:

It is alleged that on 20 July 2020, whilst at Shepcote Lane Police Station, PC Warwick was in conversation with another police officer who is of British Indian heritage. It is alleged that during that conversation, in jest he used a racist, offensive, inappropriate and or discriminatory word.

It is alleged that on 20 July 2020, when learning of an Asian male who was 105 years old, PC Warwick made a comment in the following or similar terms:

“Maybe I should start eating curry.”

The above comment was racially offensive, included the use of a racial stereotype, inappropriate; and/or discriminatory in nature.

The above conduct breached the Standards of Professional Behaviour relating to Discreditable Conduct and Equality and Diversity and taken together amounts to gross misconduct.

Unless there are other circumstances which I am unaware of (which is unlikely given the text from the alleged misconduct) a view would be that most reasonable people would not find the comment racist; indeed it would not be unreasonable to adduce a compliment from such a sentence - in the same way that many feel porridge (from Scotland) helps with longevity of life.

When I`ve said previously that officers have to be very careful about every word they use, lest it be taken out of context, whether inside or outside of a police station, there has been no exaggeration on my part. The above is a typical example.

I`m not saying it`s right or wrong, simply that this is the contemporary standard and that some might be a little surprised, some very pleased, at the degree of vigour police use to police themselves ?

When you look back at the periods of mass corruption by the met and the cardiff 5 etc you can see just how far the police have changed into becoming a much better organisation.

It looks like we have now moved into witch trials and surely even those opposed to police actions must surely feel sympathy for any officer accused of modern witch craftery.
WTF is this crap - i talk like that to my asian wife and friends all of the time and they would be the first to laugh at this situation as it is also their humour.

Would the office have been accused if he had mentioned as you say porridge to a scotsman or red hair etc.
Time for people to stand up for the officer.

To me it's a fact that the Chinese and Indians live longer, and it's down to the food. You die younger if you eat burgers or fish and chips etc. You can't argue with the facts! I love a Chinese, and am happy that that will help me live longer 😊

To me it's a fact that the Chinese and Indians live longer, and it's down to the food. You die younger if you eat burgers or fish and chips etc. You can't argue with the facts! I love a Chinese, and am happy that that will help me live longer 😊

I also love a chinese - hope the wife dont find out lol.

Unless there are other circumstances which I am unaware of (which is unlikely given the text from the alleged misconduct) a view would be that most reasonable people would not find the comment racist; indeed it would not be unreasonable to adduce a compliment from such a sentence - in the same way that many feel porridge (from Scotland) helps with longevity of life.

When I`ve said previously that officers have to be very careful about every word they use, lest it be taken out of context, whether inside or outside of a police station, there has been no exaggeration on my part. The above is a typical example.

Yep, I agree with you, but there are plenty on this board that won't.

This case should be referenced to potential Police Officers.

Safest thing is just to limit interactions with people of different colour and religion to a minimum

Away from the fiction of Line of Duty the following is an indication of the real line current day police officers have to tread.

I`ve frequently alluded to how super-sensitive and extremely politically correct the police has become in recent years. I hope the following example of a current real-life situation adds perspective, one way or the other.

Next week a police officer stands to lose his career, pension and reputation over a remark made during a conversation with a colleague. Gross Misconduct is a sackable matter and if found Guilty at the hearing Dismissal is probable. I am unaware of who, specifically, made the allegation - it could have been anyone. But this is the result and it`s not from the Daily Mail etc., , it`s a direct copy from the South Yorkshire Police`s own website:

A description of the alleged conduct:

It is alleged that on 20 July 2020, whilst at Shepcote Lane Police Station, PC Warwick was in conversation with another police officer who is of British Indian heritage. It is alleged that during that conversation, in jest he used a racist, offensive, inappropriate and or discriminatory word.

It is alleged that on 20 July 2020, when learning of an Asian male who was 105 years old, PC Warwick made a comment in the following or similar terms:

“Maybe I should start eating curry.”

The above comment was racially offensive, included the use of a racial stereotype, inappropriate; and/or discriminatory in nature.

The above conduct breached the Standards of Professional Behaviour relating to Discreditable Conduct and Equality and Diversity and taken together amounts to gross misconduct.

I`m not saying it`s right or wrong, simply that this is the contemporary standard and that some might be a little surprised, some very pleased, at the degree of vigour police use to police themselves ?

Curry is English, or at very least Anglo-Indian.

As for the police policing themselves, have you forgotten already that earlier this year an independent enquiry found the Met to be, "institutionally corrupt"?!

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/daniel-morgan-murder-n-g.116065/

Yep, I agree with you, but there are plenty on this board that won't.

This case should be referenced to potential Police Officers.

Safest thing is just to limit interactions with people of different colour and religion to a minimum

Unsurprisingly, there`s not a very long queue at the recruiting office.

Line of Duty brilliant at first but progressively the standards are dropping,but obviously that’s personal,
Still watch if another series appears,be surprised if it doesn’t
Different note to last night
Poor old Megs and Harry got loud boos when they appeared on montage by Trevor Mc on NTAwards,no mention on BBC and was cut out on ITV

Curry is English, or at very least Anglo-Indian.

As for the police policing themselves, have you forgotten already that earlier this year an independent enquiry found the Met to be, "institutionally corrupt"?!

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/daniel-morgan-murder-n-g.116065/

does not have anything to do with the point lancs was making, it is a case of the thought police, its irrelevant whether the accused is a policeman or not. Do you agree or disagree with him being disciplined for the alleged offence.

as an aside Anglo-Indians are a distinct minority community from india The indian constitution allows for 2 seats in congress to represent the community.