N/g Line of Duty | Vital Football

N/g Line of Duty

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Latest series is very poor. Recently watched the earlier series with 👅 Keeley Hawes and you just realise how inferior the latest one is.

Now don't get me started on Keeley just "fire up the Quatro"

The premise of that programme never appealed to me, even though I love detective shows and forensic science shows.

When you know that the villain will be a copper, it narrows down the whodunnit aspect IMO.

I have heard that they bump off a main character every so often for supposed shock value, although more likely because the actor wants to move on to other things.

I can't get past my opinion that the production values, scripts and acting are so superior in Netflix detective dramas to anything home produced.

I can understand why anyone watching the serial for the first time on this series is not impressed. Nowhere near as good as previous series though id have to say it picked up a bit in the second episode

It did pick up in the second episode, although the continued use of acronyms was bewildering.

It cross references too much with previous series and characters and to be honest I'd forgotten much of what went on before other than the main characters involved.

I can understand why anyone watching the serial for the first time on this series is not impressed. Nowhere near as good as previous series though id have to say it picked up a bit in the second episode
Anyone tuning in now wouldn't understand the thread that has run through the whole production from series one.
I, for one, am finding this series to be very good as it is just building up the tension and laying the groundwork for the finale. There are already so many new unanswered questions. I'm not sure Kate has actually "cooked her goose", is she actually already under cover investigating Op Lighthouse? Is Ryan Pilkington really an OCG plant and what will happen if DS Arnott recognises him as the evil little kid that tried to cut his fingers off, bit of a coincidence that he seems to have got himself a cushy little attachment to MIT after replacing a sergeant that suspectedthe boss. Both Hastings and Arnott are showing an unusual interest in Steph Corbett, seemingly for different reasons, all very suspicious 🤔
I'm loving it, bit of a slow burner but will no doubt end with a bang. As far as I know, this is due to be the final series and there is an extra episode (7 instead of 6) so its all geared up for a big reveal. Here's hoping 🤞

Unless I am missing something there appears to be a few holes in this series. D.C.I Joanne Davidson, ( main suspect ) suddenly blurts out when charged " If I were you I would search PC Farida Jatri, and DSI Ian Buckells, houses," along with one other that I can't remember.
Lo and behold as if by magic they find a stash of burner phones in Jatri's house. Bit obvious Davidson knew they were there.
Also the bookie raiders don't appear to have been interrogated as to who put them up to it even though none of them had previous. But I may of missed something there.

Unless I am missing something there appears to be a few holes in this series. D.C.I Joanne Davidson, ( main suspect ) suddenly blurts out when charged " If I were you I would search PC Farida Jatri, and DSI Ian Buckells, houses," along with one other that I can't remember.
Lo and behold as if by magic they find a stash of burner phones in Jatri's house. Bit obvious Davidson knew they were there.
Also the bookie raiders don't appear to have been interrogated as to who put them up to.
That's very astute, I didn't pick up on that. Maybe you should become a detective yourself

Also the bookie raiders don't appear to have been interrogated as to who put them up to it even though none of them had previous. But I may of missed something there.
Don't spoil it Max. You sound like my missus who ruins old repeats of the original Star Trek series by insisting that Spock and Kirk won't die in the episode I'm fixated on.

Heating up, Pilkington recognised (At last) Buckles seen with golf club (clue?) and thrown under the bus but prime suspect still in the frame. Is Kate U/C already??????? Steph with secret cash stash in the attick and poor old Steve can't get it up
Wtf is going on? More turns than Lewis Hamilton 😲

Too obvious/easy to be Buckles. Reckon Kate is u/c.
Also have a hunch Jo Davidson is u/c as she is too obviously dodgy.

Too obvious/easy to be Buckles. Reckon Kate is u/c.
Also have a hunch Jo Davidson is u/c as she is too obviously dodgy.
Yep, looked too easy too early. I don't want it to happen but Ted is looking more and more dodgy but that could be another curve ball. Got to say, I don't like the look of the PCC, was Gail gunning for him so had to be silenced?????
So much going in and still only 3 episodes in. Love it.

Yep, looked too easy too early. I don't want it to happen but Ted is looking more and more dodgy but that could be another curve ball. Got to say, I don't like the look of the PCC, was Gail gunning for him so had to be silenced?????
So much going in and still only 3 episodes in. Love it.
Mother of God, Ted looks dodgy every series! I reckon it takes a bent copper to spot a bent copper.