Myth busting 'net spend' the Liverpool way | Vital Football

Myth busting 'net spend' the Liverpool way

Skoorb

Alert Team
This is absolutely hilarious. Honestly I have tears in my eyes.

Stung by their failure to win the Premier League title (again) despite, I have to say this as they cannot stop doing so, only losing one game......:sleep:.....they have gone into the 'creative accounting' business with gusto in a vain attempt to denegrate City's achievement in whatever way that they can.

Presumably spurred on by the net spend graphic from Sky featured on another VMC thread the Liverpool Echo have decided that the best baseline for determining how to calculate the neyt spend of premier league title contenders is using the date that any club's longest serving player joined them. So for thir purposes this means Jordan Henderson who joined Liverpool in 2011 whilst for City it is of course Vincent Kompany.

"A more accurate way of assessing net spend would be to take a team's spending from the same window they brought in their longest-serving bought player. That demonstrates how the current squad has been built within a timescale that serves a genuine purpose, highlighting the cost of the evolution of the playing staff.

Using website Transfermarkt for all the transfer figures - ensuring uniformity of source, given cited fees can differ wildly depending on where they are attributed - we have tallied to totals of income and expenditure over the chosen period."

The end result of this dubious logic is a 'net spend' for the dippers of £300m and for City they make it £1b.

Talk about twisted. Certainly a case of deciding wehat the answer is and then finding a way to prove it. Unbeleivable Jeff.

Just anoyher in the long list of negative articles and pieces being penned and posted since the weekend as the dipper supporters and their enablers in the media desperately scramble for ways to salve the pain of coming second and diminishing the scale of City's accomplihments.

Bitter twats.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/truth-man-city-liverpool-net-16267269

They presumably did not point out that our spend this season was a lot less than their's World record figures for a Keeper and Centre Back

The first sentence in their ‘rationale’ just beggars belief. I have never seen that as a benchmark for such calculations, it is utter garbage and is just chosen to suit their narrative. Complete fiction.

No, selective memory wins through - conveniently deciding to not mention their record outlays.

Dippers win the Murdoch press will go into overdrive. Every game next season will be "please welcome the European Champions Liverpool". Remember the bus incident. And their treatment of Raheem. Self entitled tools the lot of them.
Never give a sucker and even break. Come on ye Spurs