My Saturday football fix ? | Vital Football

My Saturday football fix ?

chopey

Vital Squad Member
With 3 games left on my season ticket and my promise to not go back until Pardew and Ashley leave the club altogether, I need my Saturday football fix.

I quite fancy a Northern league type club and since I live in Stanley I would like somewhere local perhaps Consett, Birtley or Durham city.

Does anyone go to these games or have any info on the best club to follow for (parking, pricing, facilities ect).

Chopey, Get yourself down to Chester le Street, great bunch of lads, many of who played for our now defunct Sunday Morning Team.

Always give 100%, and play good football.

Consett is shite overpriced plastic pitch with no shelter from the howling gales off the Pennines.

You've got Whickham or Dunston UTS which are nearer to Stanley, I'm originally from sunniside and used to go quite often. I live in North Shields now and follow Whitley Bay, £6 to get in, which is standard for northern league games I think. Games are really entertaining, 2 teams giving it all and trying to win, a concept lost at St James' Park these days. Have can look on the northern league website, Hope this helps.

Chopey, come along to Tow Law with me next season.

I don't go to every game, but I reckon once you've been you'll enjoy it.

£5 in, and the social club is attached to the ground.

Never mind Consett, Tow Law makes that place feel like Bermuda in comparison.

I see those class of 92 mancs have jumped on my band wagon by ignoring the top level to go semi pros. I think I'll be a wandering minstrel of a fan next year and try a few teams out and I'm really looking forward to it

Absolute belting game next week at Croft Park - Blyth Spartans v FC United. Coming up for that one and can't wait.

OldLeazes - 28/3/2014 19:06

Chopey, come along to Tow Law with me next season.

I don't go to every game, but I reckon once you've been you'll enjoy it.

£5 in, and the social club is attached to the ground.

Never mind Consett, Tow Law makes that place feel like Bermuda in comparison.
--------------
crackin clubhouse up at the Law.

When I stop watching the Toon live, i'll be watching on the net or listening on radio. It's NUFC or nowt for me.

Following any other club is not in my DNA or ever will be.

Most of us are hurt by the whole Ashley scenario and are doing random things to fill the void, rather than deal with the problem head on.

The chief exec of the PFA said something of interest earlier in regards to Man Utd fans. it could easily be aimed at any set.

"Sometimes as supporters you can feel quite upset but sometimes you've also got to show a bit of class.

"Everybody can support a team when they're doing well - that's easy. But it's like life, the time you find out who your friends and supporters are is when things are going wrong.

"That is a real test of good supporters."

How more head on can we deal with the problem Toony?
fuck me some of us took the bullet years ago and by Christ it was painful. Are you saying we have done wrong and should have continued attending in silence and spunking into Mikes gob as we watch our club falling to bits around us.
Keep the fecker for me, I aint spunking up anyone's arse.

I confess to having enjoyed Orient when I lived in London. I am tempted to follow a team with a little ambition, like York City.

My dreams used to be being the next Pop Robson, then Supermac. Now they extend to winning the lottery and buying the rights to Darlington.

BLACKBOB - 28/3/2014 22:28

or blind sheep. What the fuck would a chief exec know about street level support?

His message is spot on for the majority of clubs but ours isn't like that as our identity has been taken away.

We're not a football club anymore.

BLACKBOB - 28/3/2014 22:37

How more head on can we deal with the problem Toony?
fuck me some of us took the bullet years ago and by Christ it was painful. Are you saying we have done wrong and should have continued attending in silence and spunking into Mikes gob as we watch our club falling to bits around us.
Keep the fecker for me, I aint spunking up anyone's arse.

Nobody knows the right answer mate. It's just that we're a collection of ideas rather than just one committed voice.

The Liverpool fans got it right.

I no longer class myself as a Toon fan, simply an observer from the sidelines until we regain an ounce of credibility again

BLACKBOB - 28/3/2014 22:43

I no longer class myself as a Toon fan, simply an observer from the sidelines until we regain an ounce of credibility again

I reckon we all must feel similar in our own way.

At one point you'd think nowt of buying or wearing a toon top on holiday or somewhere as you were proud of your club. Now you daren't mention it in case of ridicule.