My Old 1980's Scrapbook Memories | Page 2 | Vital Football

My Old 1980's Scrapbook Memories

Some great memories there. I always laughed at the pie in the sky superbowl ground dreams. The designs looked nothing like a superbowl

I didn't go that day - thanks to a girlfriend at the time who wanted to go shopping in Preston!

Thanks Dianne!😠

Chester away, 2 February 1985.
Became infamous for the pitch invasion of Pool fans.
For the record the game ended 0-0 with a crowd of 3307, as you can see from the clippings football came second on this day....

Chester 1.jpgChester 2.jpgChester 3.jpgChester 4.jpgChester 5.jpg

So about revenge the Chester game. Shame really, sad we were all over them and after the game restarted we were crap

My.old man gave me this piece of my football memorabilia he stumbled across in Essex Snr Towers the other day.
This was a weekend and a half. Gers won 3-2, Ian Durrant era.
🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧Screenshot_20231215_172059_Gallery.jpg

That is my mate 'Fat Freddy' on the roof in that picture. I was stood at that wall when it was pushed over onto the cars. The Plod decided to keep us in so we broke out! 😇 🤣 21 of us in an tranny van hired from Avesco. We had a group photo on the roof of the said van and took it back to Avesco with a severely concave roof! 🤣

The only running I saw was the Bury fans being run all over the place. On the main road a van identical to ours pulled up at the bus stop, a load of Blackpool fans got out and beat the crap out of a group of Bury fans, with baseball bats, and drove off. We were parked across the road at the chippy. The plod came screaming down the road in a Metro, saw our van and didn't see the car in front had stopped and it ploughed into the back of it. It was a right fuggin mess! 🤣 Took a lot of convincing the ensuing group of patrol cars it wasn't us who beat the Bury fans up. Some of their fans vouched for us.

Last edited: