My Old 1980's Scrapbook Memories | Vital Football

My Old 1980's Scrapbook Memories

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Almost 20 years since this old thing was in my possession and it has some great memories in it.
I've not doubt I will scan / copy most of it on to here over the forthcoming weeks/months/years.
Plenty of classic Pool bits in it. Chester, City in the cup, Torquay and to start with Rochdale away, the first time mounted police were deployed in a football ground before the start of a game and remained there for the match and with Bury's demise some cut-outs from them away too.Rochdale.jpgRochdale Date.jpg

Ha ha. I got chased after the Bury game

Looking forward to the "clockwork orange" away at Bishop Auckland

The ticket printing at home news from this week led me to open my scrapbook to see what it had in it.
Amazing how technology has come forward when you look back.
From rip out vouchers and then printed tickets, free car park pass, letters from the club, manager secretary and even BFC centenary envelopes.
The tickets I have pictured are clubs no longer in the league - Aldershot, Cheaterfield and for Bob Wrexham.
There's a Bangor cup game in there too.
Hope it brings back some memories :thumbup:
ST 79-80.jpg79-80 open.jpg79-80 Coupon.jpg79-80 Fixtures.jpg

Dave, an interesting collection. In 1980 I had just started work down in Surrey and did not get to many games at BR between then and early 1984. I missed that Bury game as we were doing church practice before I got married the following month at Runnymede during a damp Bank Holiday weekend :grinning:

I have no idea how that wall collapse Pete at Bury didn't result in injuries to Pool fans.

Hastie - tried rotating pics and re-attaching them and they still came in that way up:censor:

Bob - See the prices in those years, no wonder we were trying to sneak in as juniors - £1.90 for an adult :hehe:

Scanned some more clippings in.

Amazing what time makes you forget - especially the first story.

Dianne Hall - blamed for us having to apply for re-election due to her not posting the registration forms for a player which cost us 2 points.

A conman trying to buy the club!!!

The planned superbowl stadium, wonder what would have happened had we got that off the ground?
Congirl 1.jpgCongirl 2.jpgConman 1.jpgStadium 1.jpegStadium 2.jpgStadium 3.jpg

Missed the first couple of stories because I was living down south, but the fantasy stadium made the nationals as well as the locals

Couple of Pool greats here.
Eamonn O'Keefe & Suddick.
Suddick scan is from the Sunday Express 1st April 1973 and look closely there's a knobbers getting stuffed report there too.
O'Keefe hits 2 as we beat the Knobbers at Deepdung in the Manx Cup- mid 80's.
Found a knobbers bottom of the 4th division report too - couldn't resist scanning that either :grinning::Fingers:
2.jpg1.jpgSun Express 1-4-1973.jpg3.jpg

Those Suddick banana free kicks! Brilliant.

AYE, AYE, AYE ,AYE,
WAITERS IS BETTER THAN YASCHIN
SUDDICK IS BETTER THAN EUSEBIO
AND PRESTON (BLACKBURN, BURNLEY ETC) ARE IN FOR A THRASHING.

Here's the cuttings from our victory over Man Citeh in the 3rd round of the FA Cup on 7th January 1984.
Crowd that day was 15,377, and I was one of them.
Dave McNiven put Pool 1 up in the 4th min, Citwh equalised on 27 through a Steve Hetzke own goal only for Pool to take the lead through a Neil McNab own goal on 43.
Was a little bit 'tasty' shall we say off the pitch.
BlackpoolV V City 84 Programe.jpgCiteh 1.jpgCiteh 2.jpgCiteh 3.jpgCiteh 6.jpg

Last edited: