My Confession | Page 2 | Vital Football

My Confession

Walts one reminded me of a confession I do remember ha ha

1972 was at university but had a part time job, missed a few lectures cos of it but had to get money to keep my wheels on the road! Part time relief Boardman in a bookies...so was sent to shops that were short staffed. Went to one in a famous market in East London on a non market day so dead as a dodo in terms of big punters apart from the tramps who came in to keep warm l(cannot name the bookies or the shop for fear of retribution if they read this)

Manager was a young lad in his twenties and it was the three day week due to the power cuts as Walt states. So the camera that usually took a picture of the bet was not working. So hand crank till to place the bets for customers. The manager told me to crank a few £5 win bets inbetween races. Then after the race, when we knew the winner I had to write using my left hand to avoid recognisable traceable writing, the winner on the bet which was stamped prior to the race starting of course. So we amassed a few quid...so after racing, he said lets go for a meal and then onto Walthamstow dogs...where we then lost a lot of the dosh apart from enough to get a cab and go onto a disco with enough left to get in andloadsa drinks and chat up a few tarts! ha ha! A total freebe! Those were the days.

I dunno NRD treating women like meat is pretty low. Hardly a good thing. But I don't regret it.

Luckily I grew out of it when I met the wife.

When we have enough Confessions maybe we can take a vote on the worst. I am guessing yours won't win. So far we have a couple of thefts and a Casanova stacked up against my selfish and dishonest treatment of my wife.
This is not working, I was hoping someone had done worse than me. Either they haven't or are too ashamed to admit it. !!

If i paid attention to the little symbols in car parks i'd never find a parking spot. The worst ones are visitors & the supermarket's family parking. Although on two seperate occasions i have parked in a disabled spot. I know... it's absolutely shameful.