My Confession | Vital Football

My Confession

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
As promised, I am coming clean over the worst thing in my life I have done.

In 1988 I was married. Every summer from 1986 I would make the Le Mans pilgrimage to France. Drive over with a group of mates in classic cars and watch the 24 hour race.
Leave Friday get back Monday.
In 89 or 90 ( I'm not sure ) my Wife's grandmother was very ill and in hospital the week I was due to go to Le Mans. We had driven to Bourne from Southend to visit her the weekend before and paid our last respects. She had one lung and it was failing. The old lady invited me over to her bedside and made me promise I would look after her granddaughter ( my wife ). She hung on until the Friday ( the day I was to depart for Le Mans.) I was in our shop, my wife was out buying supplies. Her brother who was around 16 years old and a bit naive rung the shop to tell his sister her Nan had died that morning.
I was due to leave at 16.00.
I said.....Alan, do me a favour, phone back after 4 o'clock this afternoon.
My wife already didn't want me to go but was unaware her Nan had died until after I left. She already broke down in tears as I left because she needed my support generally at that time.
When I told my mates on the journey what I had done, they couldn't believe it.
On Monday I returned to find my wife standing at the roadside waiting.
As I approached her, her steely glare burnt through my nervous smile, she quietly said.....You knew didn't you ?

I said....Yes.

She said.....You Bastard, I will never forgive you.

She didn't and she divorced me in 1995. Not specifically over that but it was I feel the turning point, she knew I was an arsehole and she was right.

So, are any of you brave enough to reveal the worst thing you have done and is it worse than mine ?

Afraid I can't think of anything I'd want to tell....which should tell it all!
Exactly why I said you weren't brave enough. Look this is therapy, it will take the weight off your shoulders.
Nobody has condemned me for my ill-judged episode on here, although the truth is probably nobody has read it !!

I want to know how bad I am, I will be cleansed as soon as someone posts worse.

Exactly why I said you weren't brave enough. Look this is therapy, it will take the weight off your shoulders.
Nobody has condemned me for my ill-judged episode on here, although the truth is probably nobody has read it !!

I want to know how bad I am, I will be cleansed as soon as someone posts worse.

Play the ball.

Well Nick, if I said "don't be a dick, Nick" that would be an example of playing the man, So you can see how that parallels the comment you made that I bolded in the reply.

In another thread Ex questioned what I meant of the same comment. I said you mean the Confession thread you ain't brave enough to post on, he replied ......??!

Now we know why he can't post on it. He is effectively playing himself by admitting his past deeds are too bad to mention.

Oh by the way, it's banter and meant to be fun.

My Cornish confession.

In the late 70s I went on holiday with my girlfriend and her parents to Cornwall. My girlfriend suggested me and her went for a cliff top walk. A field with tall grass provided the necessary cover to satisfy my rampant hormones aged 17. Cover at ground level that is. We hadn't accounted for a helicopter from above which hovered for a little too long over us. It put me off my stroke shall we say.

When the miners went on strike . ‘ 72? ……
you will have to be a certain age to remember this , the power stations didn’t have enough fuel to keep the country going , the Government put the country on a 3 day week .

The other two days , there was no power to factories , shops , schools , street lights , anywhere non essential .
I was not earning enough as it was , and to be put on a 3 day week was the final straw .

So I jacked in my job as a carpenter and joined the Post Office as a postman .
I was still in London at the time and I was earning more , and working a full week , as a postman .
In the week before Christmas , I was delivering to a house , where on the doorstep was a note to the milkman with a five pound note underneath, and a note to me , the postman , with a pound note underneath . Both saying “Thank you and Happy Christmas

I knew these people were at work all day , so I took the five pound note and left my pound note under the milkman’s note !
ive felt guilty about that since !

When we were seventeen , three of us went camping for our two week summer holidays .
We went to a campsite situated between Looe and Polperro.
As Polerro didn’t allow cars into the town , the roads weren’t wide enough , everyone parked in a field on the left hand side of the approach road . It was just a green field and it was free .
My mate had a white flat hat , and he decided to start standing in the gate entrance and charge drivers two shillings to park for the day .
Me and my mate were then directing cars where to park and kept it all organised . We charged the first thirty or so cars until we had enough money for the three of us for the day , waited until there was no cars approaching ,and buggered off , ….. nobody ever cottoned on and nobody ever questioned us .
We had to walk about all day with a lot of two Bob bits in our pockets !!!!!!!

in the late seventies , also in Cornwall , funny how all these things happen in Cornwall …., I was taking helicopter flying lessons , …….. we spotted a couple making the early attempts at creating crop circles !………..the sights you see when you haven’t got a catapult !!!!!!!!!

Last edited: