Must win game for Klueless Krankz | Page 2 | Vital Football

Must win game for Klueless Krankz

There are whispers apparently he had wanted players in on Xmas day but there was a revolt & they got the morning off.

Instead of whispers, can you say rumours, but in a Robbie Savage accent, please? That pleases me a lot.

So not speaking our language, knowing the league or knowing players capable of doing a job in it is an advantage is it?

Bielsa is a good manager. No question. We will not be appointing someone on his level.

Farke is also reasonable but also inherited a PL side and has been give time that will be denied to Karanka.

The other four managers in the top six are all British or British based- Moore, who played in this league, Wilder who has experience of the division along with Pulis, and Lampard who knows the league above and has been able to put together a decent season due to having the contacts to loan Harry Wilson and Mason Mount

Bielsa, who incidently does not speak a word of English, and Farke are just the latest two in a series of managers who are and have experienced success in the Championship without having any prior experience of the league..

The myth that experience of the League and knowledge of the players that play in it is the key to getting out of the league, is just that, a myth.

Football is a universal language; good managers do not need prior knowledge of leagues or the players that play in them, they get success regardless of that.

The Championship is a moderate league full of moderate clubs desperate to get out of it and in to the promised land; it certainly is not some kind of labyrinthine maze which only the chosen few can get out of.

Great.

Never worked in England I assume and certainly knows nothing of the SBC.

Exactly what I said yesterday. Foreign manager that Marinakis knows, potentially joining on a punt. Assuming that if they were decent in Greece they must be great here. Not giving respect to the league we are in.

Does he speak English?
Bielsa, Farke, Wagner... I get your point in principle but there are plenty who have come in from nowhere and done a good job.

Bielsa, Farke, Wagner... I get your point in principle but there are plenty who have come in from nowhere and done a good job.

Like Montanier you mean?

I personally think you have to be an extremely special manager to a) succeed in a country where you don't speak the language and/or b) succeed quickly enough for our board in a country/ division you know nothing about.

It's one thing not knowing the SBC because you have been in the divisions above or below all your career. But to not have any experience in England, which is a pretty unique footballing style anyway, is something else.

I honestly cannot see us appointing a foreign manager special enough to be able to overcome those obstacles if they are present.

Like Montanier you mean?

I personally think you have to be an extremely special manager to a) succeed in a country where you don't speak the language and/or b) succeed quickly enough for our board in a country/ division you know nothing about.

It's one thing not knowing the SBC because you have been in the divisions above or below all your career. But to not have any experience in England, which is a pretty unique footballing style anyway, is something else.

I honestly cannot see us appointing a foreign manager special enough to be able to overcome those obstacles if they are present.

Not that I want to see Karanka sacked, but the Leonardo Jardim chap being mentioned looks to have quite a special record wherever he has gone.

You can add Jokanovic to that list; two promotions out of two attempts in this league.

Hi first promotion, at Watford, came after being in charge for 7 Months; he became the fourth manager at Watford that season after being appointed in October.

He then went on to get Fulham promoted in his second season there.

Not that I want to see Karanka sacked, but the Leonardo Jardim chap being mentioned looks to have quite a special record wherever he has gone.
Really?

He has won the Greek league with Olympiacos and the French League with Monaco when they had Mbappe.

He won't have the best squad in the league or the best young striker in the league by a mile here.

Neither will Jojanovic have a youngster of the quality of Ryan Sessegnon to be able to rely on

Really?

He has won the Greek league with Olympiacos and the French League with Monaco when they had Mbappe.

He won't have the best squad in the league or the best young striker in the league by a mile here.

Neither will Jojanovic have a youngster of the quality of Ryan Sessegnon to be able to rely on

Erm, he won Ligue 1 with kids and sold 750 million Euros worth of talent whilst he was there and competing with the richest club in the world.

Chonabaaaht?

His record:

Chaves - promotion from Portuguese 3rd to 2nd division in first full season
Beira-Mar - promotion from Portuguese 2nd to Premier League in first season
Braga - finished third in Portuguese Premier League in first season in a three horse league where Braga aren't one of those horses
Olympiakos - sacked whilst 10 points clear at the top of the League
Monaco - won Ligue 1 with kids against big spending PSG and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League

Basically - his masterbate

Slavisa Jokanovic has done wonders pretty much everywhere he has been. He also allows his team's to play the game the right way (expressive attacking football in the Barca mould). He would
certainly suit the squad we have assembled.
Jardim, it could be argued, is an even better option.
If either were appointed it could hardly be criticized as a backward step. Hopefully we stick with the Kranky Spaniard, however, I don't think the fat man is another Fawaz and (I believe) we will have a replacement who fits the bill lined up if / when he pulls the trigger.

Slavisa Jokanovic has done wonders pretty much everywhere he has been. He also allows his team's to play the game the right way (expressive attacking football in the Barca mould). He would
certainly suit the squad we have assembled.
Jardim, it could be argued, is an even better option.
If either were appointed it could hardly be criticized as a backward step. Hopefully we stick with the Kranky Spaniard, however, I don't think the fat man is another Fawaz and (I believe) we will have a replacement who fits the bill lined up if / when he pulls the trigger.

Yeah, I was thinking Jokanovic would suit the squad that Krankz has assembled.

Jardim could be stroke of genius or it could all end in tears.

Jokanovic would be the safer option.

Both options would be better than Karanka, but .............

Karanka doesn't deserve to be sacked.

Erm, he won Ligue 1 with kids and sold 750 million Euros worth of talent whilst he was there and competing with the richest club in the world.

Chonabaaaht?

His record:

Chaves - promotion from Portuguese 3rd to 2nd division in first full season
Beira-Mar - promotion from Portuguese 2nd to Premier League in first season
Braga - finished third in Portuguese Premier League in first season in a three horse league where Braga aren't one of those horses
Olympiakos - sacked whilst 10 points clear at the top of the League
Monaco - won Ligue 1 with kids against big spending PSG and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League

Basically - his masterbate

I can't really comment on the others but winning the league with Olympiacos is a) as difficult as winning the Scottish League with Celtic and b) has not bearing on the SBC.

That Monaco side was outrageous. Kids?

One went for about £150m. Mbappe is now a world cup winner just a couple of years later.

Not saying it's not an achievement but if you have the best players in the league then it's not a miracle if you win it. He had the best players in the league.

He won't here. He would have to turn good players into the best players in a league he doesn't know

Last edited:
Karanka doesn't deserve to be sacked.

Don’t particularly like the guy but this very fair. That said im not sure how much input he’s had on transfers as it’s been hit & miss & a lot has been spent.

I can't really comment on the others but winning the league with Olympiacos is a) as difficult as winning the Scottish League with Celtic and b) has not bearing on the SBC.

That Monaco side was outrageous. Kids?

One went for about £150m

1) He didn't win the league with Olympiakos. He was sacked.
2) The average age for the 11 players with the most appearances that season was 24

1) He didn't win the league with Olympiakos. He was sacked.
2) The average age for the 11 players with the most appearances that season was 24

That doesn't make any difference to the point I am making at all. Those players were sensational and several have departed for the too clubs in the world.

You must be loving this, given you have been calling him clueless for a very long time and have been very vocal in wanting him sacked. I hope you have the good grace to hold your hand up and admit that is what you want.

Jardim had a net spend of minus 327 million quid over 4 years at Monaco.

He made a profit on a number of players he signed himself including Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Bakayoko, Fabinho and Lemar which suggests he can spot a player.

However, he also signed Gil Dias, which suggests that he can't.......

That doesn't make any difference to the point I am making at all. Those players were sensational and several have departed for the too clubs in the world.

You must be loving this, given you have been calling him clueless for a very long time and have been very vocal in wanting him sacked. I hope you have the good grace to hold your hand up and admit that is what you want.

I don't like him, but his performance does not warrant a sacking and neither have I been vocal about wanting him sacked because I don't.