O/T Music | Page 3 | Vital Football

O/T Music

This whole album rips it up.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another of my all time favourites

These guys are coming to Toronto and I can't get anyone to go with me!!

Lee died quite young in the 90s from cancer and was a customer of mine at my shop. I went to a gig before he became ill and to his last in Canvey Island which also was recorded live for an album which I have a copy of somewhere.

Wilco Johnson the nutter guitarist left the band and was himself diagnosed with terminal cancer a few years ago. He was given months to live but after a year was still feeling ok so a friend suggested he go back to the doctor. He was operated on and a football sized mass was removed. He recovered and made an album with Roger Daltry basically replacing the rasping voice of Lee. Wilco appeared in the first series of Game of Thrones as the executioner of Ned Stark.

I once asked Lee why they didn't release singles and he said they were more of an album and live band. They did have reasonable success with Milk and Alcohol I think. He was a quiet and approachable guy, nothing like his on stage persona.

Good info Nick, thanks :thumbup:

Or.... Yesterday When I was Young. Dusty Springfield version, not Charles Aznavor although that's not bad. Listen to the words.

Last edited:
Sometimes the video that uses a tune makes the tune that much better....

Dedicated to the one I love, Mamas and the Papas. Ok not everyone’s favourite but listen to the edgy harmonies, honky took piano cameos, crazy use of the key change, cheeky, almost (which is the point) off key up change. For it’s time, for me one of the best in the era.

Gotta say the addition of Mike Campbell to Fleetwood Mac is like injecting NOS int a carb. He ripped it up. Lot's of fun.

Christine McVie is SEVENTY FIVE! She is still delivering.

Christine had a beautiful voice, particularly on Songbird, but the last time I heard her perform it at the piano she sounded a little off. Was she on form 80 ?

Also in a technical play off between Campbell and Buckingham who wins ? A little like When the Devil went down to Georgia style.

Worth checking out I'm so Afraid on you tube by Lindsey with Fleetwood Mac in 1997, a shorter performance than some but with some very powerful drumming by Mick. Then a longer version where Lindsey goes crackers on the guitar for 9 minutes from 5 years ago with his own band, not FM.

Christine had a beautiful voice, particularly on Songbird, but the last time I heard her perform it at the piano she sounded a little off. Was she on form 80 ?

Also in a technical play off between Campbell and Buckingham who wins ? A little like When the Devil went down to Georgia style.

She was bang on last night. Campbell, but that's tainted with a huge bias on my part. I'm a massive TP and the Heartbreakers fan. They did a tribute to him during the encore. They also did Oh well and he ripped that.

Son of a preacher man, Dusty Springfield. Top song.

Dusty was once interviewed about Aretha Franklins version . She said she liked Arethas use of the word WHO .... as in the only one who could ever.....Aretha sung the WHO in an accentuated higher note, where as Dusty accentuated the EVER.