Muric | Page 2 | Vital Football

Muric

It was a bizarre bit of recruitment, trumpeted by a few on here also...

Pants was more than good enough, and we had far higher priorities to move the team forward. Right now its unclear if Samba is an upgrade on Pants but if he is it's marginal and certainly not worth the millions this has cost us.

Perhaps if we had put the time, resources and cash into finding a new striker or some more creativity...

So Muric has a nightmare start to his Forest career and then concedes 5 for his country. :loser:

He won't ever play for Man City at this rate. :wagging:

I didn’t think Pants needed replacing but when Muric came I was one of the ones who thought he would do well for us having seen him a few times for City.

Unfortunately that hope was seriously misplaced. Last night showed everything that is good and bad about him and I honestly can’t see him getting another game for us unless we are contractually obliges.

What if Man City are actually paying us to give him development time? Has anyone seen the loan agreement? I can be pursued to believe a conversation between our scouting team along the lines of " Well, this bloke is fucking hopeless wouldn't touch him with a barge pole" then "Hang on mate they are paying us £3 million to take him for a season mate" then " Forgot about that good point". I just cant see any other scenario to be honest.

He is 20 which is very young for a goalkeeper. It is quite feasible that he is just going through a poor run of form which every young player - goalkeeper or outfield - goes through. But he is playing in a position where a poor run of form ends up costing goals and points.

But he'll continue to warm our bench if Samba continues to look as assured as he has so far. It would be no surprise if City recall him in January.

some people made out it was like the 2nd coming of shilton without even actually seeing him play. from what iv seen so far hes no better than jordan smith.

From what I've seen, I'm not sure if he's significantly better than me.........

He is 20 which is very young for a goalkeeper. It is quite feasible that he is just going through a poor run of form which every young player - goalkeeper or outfield - goes through. But he is playing in a position where a poor run of form ends up costing goals and points.

But he'll continue to warm our bench if Samba continues to look as assured as he has so far. It would be no surprise if City recall him in January.

Another fit young black man meeting your approval.

Pathetic

He may turn out to be a very decent keeper he’s got plenty of time on his side but from what I’ve seen he’s bang average.

He has the problem of all big keepers. They are slow getting down to the ball and because they are tall they have got away with poor timing and jumping when collecting crosses throughout junior football. Suddenly at senior level that becomes evident. Not convinced. Am I the only one that thinks Jordan Smith was hard done too. He would be my number 2 at present.

He has the problem of all big keepers. They are slow getting down to the ball and because they are tall they have got away with poor timing and jumping when collecting crosses throughout junior football. Suddenly at senior level that becomes evident. Not convinced. Am I the only one that thinks Jordan Smith was hard done too. He would be my number 2 at present.

He was dropped in at the sharp end and didn't do a huge amount wrong.

Absolutely there is potential there, it just was an idiotic waste of money and time when we had a decent keeper. At best we get a marginal upgrade (which we clearly haven't) and at worst we develop a player for City and accept all the mistakes that come with a rookie GK - which is what we have got.

Absolutely there is potential there, it just was an idiotic waste of money and time when we had a decent keeper. At best we get a marginal upgrade (which we clearly haven't) and at worst we develop a player for City and accept all the mistakes that come with a rookie GK - which is what we have got.

Yep I get all that CP, my point really was in response to those writing him off as shit. I think he will develop into a good goalkeeper in time, but unfortunately it looks like that won't be happening at the CG.

I'm not sure he will develop in to a good goalkeeper.

From what I've seen so far, I'd be surprised if he peaked as high as regular Championship football.

Probably looking at a second/ third rate European top tier. Like an SPL for example.