MP for Lincoln | Vital Football

MP for Lincoln

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
I thought a few times about whether to post this as I don’t want to kick off another politics thread, but relating to football, who knew that Karl McCartney was co-chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Football?
I certainly don’t think I’ve ever heard this, and in that respect doesn’t seem very active in anything that might effect LCFC.

He came once canvassing for votes in a gillet didn't he? I think that's the height of activity I recall from him

I think he met with Liam Scully a while back.

Lincoln hasn't been blessed with very good MPs of any persuasion in recent history.

I'm no fan of Karl, but at least he turned up in the summer when there wasn't a game to watch and made some positive noises afterwards.

Mansfield's lovely MP attended a recent game (actually the Lincoln EFL Trophy game) - apparently OK as it was a 'fact-finding' visit and he was a guest of their lovely owners.

Broken clock and all that I guess. Good if he is being supportive in terms of the safe return of spectators at least.

I remember that letter now, but had no idea he was co-chair of a football committee. Not sure what that means in practice

Is it Karen Lee who's labour? She just blocks everyone on social media who disagrees with her.

Is it Karen Lee who's labour? She just blocks everyone on social media who disagrees with her.

Yes, she served a term between McCartney's two gigs.

My wife had some dealings with her through a campaign group to keep NHS walk-in centres open in Lincoln. She wasn't impressed.

Yeah I don't think they're great around here. I'm not massively political so I can only really judge on how I think they communicate/explain and their general demeanour and I'm not too impressed with either.

Yeah I don't think they're great around here. I'm not massively political so I can only really judge on how I think they communicate/explain and their general demeanour and I'm not too impressed with either.

That's probably as good a way as any.

It's also pretty easy to check voting records, if you can bothered.

Yes, she served a term between McCartney's two gigs.

My wife had some dealings with her through a campaign group to keep NHS walk-in centres open in Lincoln. She wasn't impressed.

I didn't hear good things about her either unfortunately. I also knew the chap who accused her of labelling students as a 'disease' and I don't really have any reason to doubt them.

Although to be fair she has seemed to display a bit of humility/contrition having been out of work afterwards.

I guess Lincoln isn't an outlier in having had bad MPs though; I'm decidedly not impressed with mine in West Yorks either