Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

Worth remembering that Utd are still cleaning up a Jose sized mess he created with the elder statesmen.

At the moment we have Lloris, Vorm, Gazza, Toby, Jan, Sissoko Rose, Wanyama 28 or over. We also have the 27 year olds Son, Eriksen, Moura, Aurier, Lamela on their way to late twenties. Adding Matic and Zaha would add to that.

It really doesn't take long for it to become a problem at your club especially when Jose is throwing new contracts at guys like Vertonghen. Then you wonder why you have a bunch of crocks and every team is running you off the park. Of course, these older players all get paid handsomely and that creates friction with the younger guys who are doing the business.

In reality, Levy needs to ensure that some of those players like Wanyama, Rose, Vorm etc are long gone by July. Preferably it would be a lot more and Jose would start a project with young players that mature together in a couple of years.

Given that he’s binned off Rose and Vorm I can’t see them having much of a future and I believe Wanyama was “fit” to be selected and he’s not touched him suggest not in his plans either.

There’s nothing wrong with having a couple of TA and Matic in and around the squad if we get some younger blood.

With the exception of 1/2 we have been connected with younger players.

If matic is a loan or 5/10 million we should take the plunge on on.

Given that he’s binned off Rose and Vorm I can’t see them having much of a future and I believe Wanyama was “fit” to be selected and he’s not touched him suggest not in his plans either.

There’s nothing wrong with having a couple of TA and Matic in and around the squad if we get some younger blood.

If there is a difficulty here it's that manure and the player would prefer a permanent move and as you might of guessed, we don't want that.

I'm not against a couple of older players. My problem is that it needs to be the right ones.

I am nervous about Matic though. At 27 he was instrumental in prolonging JT's career. He created a shield in front of his captain and never let players run at him. He was a class act in his twenties but has slowed down considerably and looks way off the pace even when he had 10 straight games behind him. He was Joses blindspot 2 years ago. Despite his leadership and football brain, he won't do that now.

A loan to the end of season works for me. If we get trapped into buying him and offering him a 2 1/2 year contract then I think that is seriously bad form from Jose.

Worth remembering that Utd are still cleaning up a Jose sized mess he created with the elder statesmen.

At the moment we have Lloris, Vorm, Gazza, Toby, Jan, Sissoko Rose, Wanyama 28 or over. We also have the 27 year olds Son, Eriksen, Moura, Aurier, Lamela on their way to late twenties. Adding Matic and Zaha would add to that.

It really doesn't take long for it to become a problem at your club especially when Jose is throwing new contracts at guys like Vertonghen. Then you wonder why you have a bunch of crocks and every team is running you off the park. Of course, these older players all get paid handsomely and that creates friction with the younger guys who are doing the business.

In reality, Levy needs to ensure that some of those players like Wanyama, Rose, Vorm etc are long gone by July. Preferably it would be a lot more and Jose would start a project with young players that mature together in a couple of years.

Not normally one to defend Mourinho, but I wouldnt just put all the Man Utd mess on him. Woodward has been a disaster.

I'm not against a couple of older players. My problem is that it needs to be the right ones.

I am nervous about Matic though. At 27 he was instrumental in prolonging JT's career. He created a shield in front of his captain and never let players run at him. He was a class act in his twenties but has slowed down considerably and looks way off the pace even when he had 10 straight games behind him. He was Joses blindspot 2 years ago. Despite his leadership and football brain, he won't do that now.

A loan to the end of season works for me. If we get trapped into buying him and offering him a 2 1/2 year contract then I think that is seriously bad form from Jose.

2 year contract isn’t much really - even if we got a year out of him.

How long was njie/Nkoudou/Janssen here offering nothing.

I imagine he’s a good leader behind the scenes.

Wages dependent of course

2 year contract isn’t much really - even if we got a year out of him.

How long was njie/Nkoudou/Janssen here offering nothing.

I imagine he’s a good leader behind the scenes.

Wages dependent of course

For me, that's the 2 wrongs argument.

As fans, we deserve better than Matic. So does Jose if he's going to help the club make progress to be fair.

Jose in his pre Liverpool presser said Sissoko was one of our best players this season.

Then he analyses every game and realizes he doesn't have the brain to sit and cover his CM partner and defenders and scraps that idea.

He is a great athlete with no football intelligence. Stats and eyes go hand and hand here.

Mutters needs to be our DOF or chairman to stop us signing such averageness.

Sissoko isn't the most technically gifted player but compensates for his weaknesses with his work ethic and commitment, something that Spurs need more than ever at the moment, he is going to be badly missed. Has many of the same characteristics as Steffen Freund who I'm sure was also one of the first names on the team sheet during his time at Spurs. We are simply not far enough up the pecking order to be able to sign or field top class, technically gifted players in every position, every team needs its workhorse.

Then he analyses every game and realizes he doesn't have the brain to sit and cover his CM partner and defenders and scraps that idea.

He is a great athlete with no football intelligence. Stats and eyes go hand and hand here.

Mutters needs to be our DOF or chairman to stop us signing such averageness.

lol - was at the gym yesterday and bumped into an ex pro who still keeps himself in shape. When we were chatting, I asked him what he was up to nowadays. He said his Saturday would be spent sitting in a directors box at a Prem ground writing an assessment on the ref's performance.

I did think to myself.....I could do that. Not sure I would last more than a week in that world though :-)

Sissoko isn't the most technically gifted player but compensates for his weaknesses with his work ethic and commitment, something that Spurs need more than ever at the moment, he is going to be badly missed. Has many of the same characteristics as Steffen Freund who I'm sure was also one of the first names on the team sheet during his time at Spurs. We are simply not far enough up the pecking order to be able to sign or field top class, technically gifted players in every position, every team needs its workhorse.

Freund actually had some football intelligence. His positional awareness was good.

Every team does need a work horse. But they need a brain. Totally pointless them just running around doing there own thing. Which Sissoko does 99% of the time.

Freund actually had some football intelligence. His positional awareness was good.

Every team does need a work horse. But they need a brain. Totally pointless them just running around doing there own thing. Which Sissoko does 99% of the time.

Freund didn’t have Sissoko’s athleticism, so he sat and protected within his capacity to do. Sissoko, just in a sitting role, is a waste of what is in his ability to do. He can utilise his pace and power to get forward and continually break opposing lines. A feat recognised by notable legends of the game last season, who named him their player of the year for his consistent performances.

Freund didn’t have Sissoko’s athleticism, so he sat and protected within his capacity to do. Sissoko, just in a sitting role, is a waste of what is in his ability to do. He can utilise his pace and power to get forward and continually break opposing lines. A feat recognised by notable legends of the game last season, who named him their player of the year for his consistent performances.

Maybe they thought the award was for who leaves their partner high and dry every game? 😉

The heat maps prove mine and Mutters theory. They clearly don't watch spurs much.

Maybe they thought the award was for who leaves their partner high and dry every game? 😉

The heat maps prove mine and Mutters theory. They clearly don't watch spurs much.

The heat map shows he was regularly doing the job of two ‘supposedly’ better players, who were consistently not good enough to give us forward penetration.