Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

I'm struggling to think of that player you talk about though. Where do we find our own Rodri, Fabinho, Ndidi, Neves, Kante etc?

Could a Ben Godfrey or Kalvin Phillips make the step up? Worst case I suppose is we get a committed young, homegrown squad player even if their runway doesn't take them to first team regular status eventually.

Exactly this. There are HG talents out there.
I was speaking to friends last night and said if we went out and brought Aarons, Phillips and Bowen although a gamble it could be a bloody good one.

A line up like this for the future

------------------------keeper??------------------
Aarons---Sanchez----Tangana---Sess
------------------------Phillips---------------------
-----------------N'Dom-----Lo Cel--------------
-----Bowen----------Kane--------------Son

Subs: Dele, Clarke, Skipp, Winks, Parrott

I'm struggling to think of that player you talk about though. Where do we find our own Rodri, Fabinho, Ndidi, Neves, Kante etc?

Could a Ben Godfrey or Kalvin Phillips make the step up? Worst case I suppose is we get a committed young, homegrown squad player even if their runway doesn't take them to first team regular status eventually.

The reality is we can't sign a top DM at their peak.

I would rather go younger than older. Sander Berge of Genk is my number one choice. I really think he could be a top player.

After that I would take a gamble on Kalivin Phillips. Good tackler, mobile and has very good vision. Really good long ball passer like Toby.

If we don't buy then Skipp has to step up. Did you say we can recall Amos? He could be another option.

I would rather go younger than older. Sander Berge of Genk is my number one choice. I really think he could be a top player.

After that I would take a gamble on Kalivin Phillips. Good tackler, mobile and has very good vision. Really good long ball passer like Toby.

If we don't buy then Skipp has to step up. Did you say we can recall Amos? He could be another option.

We are at the stage we just need a DM as the team is not functioning without one - Dier clearly has fitness issues still.

Amos I'm not sure. I just noticed he'd been excluded completely from the QPR squad for the FA Cup. It was certainly communicated as a season long loan in Jul/Aug. That being said, so was Clarke and CCV and they're both back at the club.

With Sander Berge, I bet a bunch of clubs have him top of mind but are scratching their heads whether he can make that big step up. He looks like a Carrick and is something like 6'5" but has he got enough aggression and intensity in him for top 4 Prem? With 18 months left on his contract, he's probably priced well though.

I was also wondering whether Jose and his team will go and raid Lille again for a couple of their players. Soumare and Osimhen are the 2 names you hear.

This is one of my biggest issues with the hiring of Mourinho. We need to take some risks with players and he isnt a risk taker. He would sooner sign Matic (not me, although I'd welcome the pay rise) than sign a Phillips of Berge. I hope he surprises me and proves me wrong.

Levy, Mourinho's team and the scouting/recruitment team really need to get their acts together and act because each passing moment seems to see us go even further off-course.

This is one of my biggest issues with the hiring of Mourinho. We need to take some risks with players and he isnt a risk taker. He would sooner sign Matic (not me, although I'd welcome the pay rise) than sign a Phillips of Berge. I hope he surprises me and proves me wrong.

Levy, Mourinho's team and the scouting/recruitment team really need to get their acts together and act because each passing moment seems to see us go even further off-course.

It's difficult because we are caught in a phase of rebuild and survival. We probably need a mixture of both player types. Established performers in key positions and young potential for the future. The injury situation is asking the question which type is the priority ?

Jose "Mr Levy, can you get me Matic in January. We could probably get him for £20m and I know he's what we need"

Levy "Not a chance. It's not our policy to buy thirty-somethings with no resale value"

Jose "OK, can you get me Neves? I think he'd be a perfect long term player for Spurs and will have a large resale value"

Levy "How much?"

Jose "Probably about £80m. With your experience you might be able to barter them down to £78m by 5pm on transfer deadline day"

Levy "I'll get you Matic. I think it's a good idea"

Jose "Mr Levy, can you get me Matic in January. We could probably get him for £20m and I know he's what we need"

Levy "Not a chance. It's not our policy to buy thirty-somethings with no resale value"

Jose "OK, can you get me Neves? I think he'd be a perfect long term player for Spurs and will have a large resale value"

Levy "How much?"

Jose "Probably about £80m. With your experience you might be able to barter them down to £78m by 5pm on transfer deadline day"

Levy "I'll get you Matic. I think it's a good idea"

I wouldn't mind betting the inquiry is purely a loan move only....

I would take Matic on loan or for around 10m. He is not the athletic type of DM.

Having said that I would only want him if we would sign a young up and coming DM like Berge.

We don't want to stock pile old players with nobody young coming through.

That really would be the Hoddle days again.

Manure and Matic will make a decision by the end of Jan, not before; he has 6 months to go on his deal, but Manure can extend by a year if they want to and I'm told they most definitely do not want to.

A smallish fee and he's ours, strike one for Jose.

Manure and Matic will make a decision by the end of Jan, not before; he has 6 months to go on his deal, but Manure can extend by a year if they want to and I'm told they most definitely do not want to.

A smallish fee and he's ours, strike one for Jose.

We are crying out for a DM, if he comes in so be it - even as a stop gap.

I would take Matic on loan or for around 10m. He is not the athletic type of DM.

Having said that I would only want him if we would sign a young up and coming DM like Berge.

We don't want to stock pile old players with nobody young coming through.

That really would be the Hoddle days again.

There is nothing wrong to getting him in - we are absolutely desperate

I am worried that this is how far we have fallen. We are desperate to get Sissoko back. Not me I hope I never see him in a Spurs shirt again. I would play anyone above him . He is a work horse ,solid and strong with little to know class

Worth remembering that Utd are still cleaning up a Jose sized mess he created with the elder statesmen.

At the moment we have Lloris, Vorm, Gazza, Toby, Jan, Sissoko Rose, Wanyama 28 or over. We also have the 27 year olds Son, Eriksen, Moura, Aurier, Lamela on their way to late twenties. Adding Matic and Zaha would add to that.

It really doesn't take long for it to become a problem at your club especially when Jose is throwing new contracts at guys like Vertonghen. Then you wonder why you have a bunch of crocks and every team is running you off the park. Of course, these older players all get paid handsomely and that creates friction with the younger guys who are doing the business.

In reality, Levy needs to ensure that some of those players like Wanyama, Rose, Vorm etc are long gone by July. Preferably it would be a lot more and Jose would start a project with young players that mature together in a couple of years.

Worth remembering that Utd are still cleaning up a Jose sized mess he created with the elder statesmen.

At the moment we have Lloris, Vorm, Gazza, Toby, Jan, Sissoko Rose, Wanyama 28 or over. We also have the 27 year olds Son, Eriksen, Moura, Aurier, Lamela on their way to late twenties. Adding Matic and Zaha would add to that.

It really doesn't take long for it to become a problem at your club especially when Jose is throwing new contracts at guys like Vertonghen. Then you wonder why you have a bunch of crocks and every team is running you off the park. Of course, these older players all get paid handsomely and that creates friction with the younger guys who are doing the business.

In reality, Levy needs to ensure that some of those players like Wanyama, Rose, Vorm etc are long gone by July. Preferably it would be a lot more and Jose would start a project with young players that mature together in a couple of years.

I'm sorry but that makes way too much sense for it to actually happen at our club!