Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

He is fulfilling the very attributes I had anticipated before we signed him. After a sticky start, it is good to see him fulfil his capabilities.

I recall you saying as much - it is now a great shout, but for two seasons, I wanted to run over him with a bus!

Well done. :clap:

Glad to see I kept a diplomatic silence. It's too easy to lambast players when so many factors are in play regards how they do. I think the only player I went almost instantly definitive on remains David Bentley. I watched him at Blackburn and could see that he lack the pace and physicality to ever be a great player. Decent touch good cross and that was sadly it.I went to war before we got him then just sat back and watched all his failing become obvious to his fanboys. Think Richmond must feel this way about Lamela. I love Sissoko story the journey and the sheer work he is putting in...But I'll not start with the adoration till he starts adding five goals a season to his game. It's a minimum requirement.

Can we win a title with him as a starter every week? IMO I don't think we can. So he still isn't good enough. Still a squad player for me.

I said in the match thread he's my player of the season by quite a way. he's offering us so much drive and physicality from midfield but also some control with some neat passing and getting out of tight areas. the question now isn't if sissoko starts, its who starts with him in midfield.

Can we win a title with him as a starter every week? IMO I don't think we can. So he still isn't good enough. Still a squad player for me.

Quite, the CM area is still a massive area of weakness.

We have the weakest options in the top 6 - would argue Wolves and Watford if not better are on par with ours

To be fair Henderson has been dropped quite a bit this season.
Is he the best midfield in PL, no he's not. But I don't believe there are many better at what he does on current form, it's all about balance. You could argue that with him and Wanjama we have a better balance than Dembo and Wanjama, and he's certainly playing better than Dier.

Is he the best midfield in PL, no he's not. But I don't believe there are many better at what he does on current form, it's all about balance. You could argue that with him and Wanjama we have a better balance than Dembo and Wanjama, and he's certainly playing better than Dier.

Sissoko isnt fit to lace Dembeles boots.....

We had a world class DM pairing of Dembele and Wanyama two seasons ago, they dominated any and every opponent. Kane, Eriksen, and Alli couldn’t win us the league from our impregnable foundation. Does your reasoning extend to them not being good enough either?

We had a world class DM pairing of Dembele and Wanyama two seasons ago, they dominated any and every opponent. Kane, Eriksen, and Alli couldn’t win us the league from our impregnable foundation. Does your reasoning extend to them not being good enough either?

We won't sign better than Kane, Eriksen and Alli. IMO we can sign better than Sissoko for our first 11.

Of course will come down to will we spend the money to do so.

I want us to win a title. Is building a first 11 around Sissoko the answer? Seriously think about this. He has had a decent season but he isn't Viera ffs. People get so carried away on here.

We won't sign better than Kane, Eriksen and Alli. IMO we can sign better than Sissoko for our first 11.

Of course will come down to will we spend the money to do so.

I want us to win a title. Is building a first 11 around Sissoko the answer? Seriously think about this. He has had a decent season but he isn't Viera ffs. People get so carried away on here.
Something else about him and being a squad player or starter is that sometimes you don't get that option with a player. IMO Sissoko has to start to see the form your getting out of him now, I also think this is true of Sanchez (perhaps with big natural athletes this is the case?) With a run of games Sanchez gets better and better if rotated he struggles for rhythm. I don't think him or Sissoko offer you flexibility you have to play them to form and leave them in. So unlike Henderson who will give his level all the time, you get under par from Mousa unless he gets a run. We lost Dembele and all the other options broke and Sissoko got his groove without injuries I bet he'd have been stuck at awful.

Glad to see I kept a diplomatic silence. It's too easy to lambast players when so many factors are in play regards how they do. I think the only player I went almost instantly definitive on remains David Bentley. I watched him at Blackburn and could see that he lack the pace and physicality to ever be a great player. Decent touch good cross and that was sadly it.I went to war before we got him then just sat back and watched all his failing become obvious to his fanboys. Think Richmond must feel this way about Lamela. I love Sissoko story the journey and the sheer work he is putting in...But I'll not start with the adoration till he starts adding five goals a season to his game. It's a minimum requirement.

I never saw what the fuss was about with Lamela. I called it early, got abused for calling it early, only to be agreed with 3, 4 and 5 years later. It has become a regular occurrence for me on this forum! Maybe my vocation in life should have been as a scout.