Mousa Dembele | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mousa Dembele

RichmondSpur - 15/1/2018 19:58

A few things I would change with his game is to release the ball quicker and letting the ball do most of the work for him, instead of running with It only to make a 5-metre pass. <b>I also think we are missing a trick by not playing Dembele higher up the pitch. </b>Personally, I’d have him in advance areas instead of throwing himself to the ground, turnover possession Alli. Dembele is blessed with a unique skill set, we should be making full use of his outstanding retention and dribbling ability where it will hurt the opposition most.

I would expect that you'd know this has been repeatedly tried with him, and has totally failed (One great match agaisnt Manure shaded people to the truth).

Martin Jol knew this.

He is EXACTLY in his best position, by a country mile.

Dembele is blessed with a unique skillset... Yes he is. And what you suggest is ludicrous. Dele is 1.000.000.000 times more a scoring threat than Moose ever could be. If you're suggesting Moose should play the attacking CM spot ahead of him, you have a screw loose bro.

Nick Real Deal - 15/1/2018 23:10

Dembele minutes played 1111 no assists no goals.

Sissoko 1350 minutes played 2 assists 2 goals.

NRD, I sat and looked at this post for a full five minutes , but I cannot work out what it is it's supposed to mean, or allude to .
Can you include , time on the ball , tackles , interceptions , passes , successful passes , meaningful runs in opposition areas, amount of ground covered , dribbles with the ball , runs without the ball etc

I know one was against the spammers in their first Wembley cup final in living memory.
It was actually a good goal. Breaking at speed and well placed into the corner on the run .
He soon got out of that habit !,,!
I don't recall the other one though. That must have been the deflection you mentioned

I was responding to the accusation only one Moussa is worth his salt.

Sissoko has played more minutes but probably partly due to Dembele being injured , tired or crocked half way through a game.

Sissoko has been directly responsible for 4 goals against zero. Many have suggested Dembele should assist and score more .

How could I not compare them as players ? They interchange the position in the squad.

My point was that only one is worth his salt. Once again a biased generalisation that is false.

Dembele contributes in other ways I know that but for me his availability and form are too sporadic. So Sissoko has to mop up behind him therefore earning his salt.

Sissoko is faster and more direct in attack but Dembele enforces the MF better.....when he is available.

It was the generalisation that provoked my reaction....Dembele is a god and Sissoko useless.

Poch has some big decisions to make with Dembele in the next year or so. It looks like the Wimbledon / Everton games was the only time this entire season that Mousa has completed back to back 90 mins. If he is to prolong his career then he surely has to stop being the box to box midfielder and operate more like Pirlo orchestrating from in front of the back four.

Right now, Poch needs Wanyama, Dembele, Dier and Winks fit to form partnerships in centre mid. We've seen how effective the Dier / Dembele partnership was 2 seasons ago. Then last season I thought Wanyama and Dembele took it to a new level. This season we've not attained those levels whoever has played. What we have seen though is Eriksen dropping in deeper and controlling some games.

I know you're not implying he's a similar player to Pirlo, but there's no way of accommodating him as anything other than what he is in midfield. He doesn't have the vision to be less mobile and just ping passes, at best he could be an OK DM if he stops being a box to box player but Dier and Wanyama are both better options for a pure DM role. The good news is whilst he's not slow, his dribbling and power are his strongest assets - so losing a yard might not curtail his ability too much.

Also agree playing him further forward makes no sense. He lacks the killer instinct and confidence to attack the goal. Alli is far superior in that position, even if Dembele has some skills that would be extremely useful to a player with a more attacking mindset like Alli.

Either way, he was outstanding against Everton and I'm hoping we can get more performances like that in the next 6+ months. Fuck knows how you replace him.

Pollo - 15/1/2018 18:58

Most underrated player in the team, unfortunately we are seeing less and less of him and his physical condition will only get worse.

Sadly the best CM in the league over the last 2 years is on his last legs. He will still have his good games as he is that good.

We need an up and coming athletic CM brought in asap.

I love Dembele, so fluid with the ball at his feet and simply glides past folks and brushes off would be tacklers. Such a dream to watch when he is on his game.

My only beef and it is pretty minor...damn I wish he would pull the trigger and unleash a shot every now and then. I know he can hammer the ball, would love to see him score some.

My only other fear is keeping him on the pitch, he seems to be a bit injury prone. I could be wrong, but this scares me a bit.

Mousa Dembele casts doubt on Tottenham future as midfielder teases: 'Maybe this is my last season, or maybe I'll sign a new deal'

Mousa Dembele is waiting until after the World Cup before deciding future
Decision to wait before entering negotiations was made earlier this season
Belgian is happy at Tottenham but admitted he will weigh up all offers
He said: 'Maybe this is my last season, or maybe I'll sign a new deal'

By Will Griffee For Mailonline

Published: 12:55, 29 March 2018 | Updated: 12:59, 29 March 2018

Mousa Dembele has cast doubt over his Tottenham future, admitting that this could turn out to be his last season at the club.

Contract talks are currently on hold until after the World Cup so he can concentrate on the Belgian campaign, but the 30-year-old failed to distance himself from a possible move away.

'Maybe this is my last season. Or maybe I'll sign a new deal. We'll see,' he told Belgian paper La Derniere Heure.'

Mousa Dembele admitted that his Tottenham future is far from certain this summer
+3

Mousa Dembele admitted that his Tottenham future is far from certain this summer

'We have not really talked about an extension of my contract. At the beginning of the season, I said I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel. That's what the club and I decided by mutual agreement.'

'If we talk about a new contract in the middle of the season, it will cost energy. Imagine that a player feels not appreciated after a disappointing proposal, it can disrupt his game,' he added.

Dembele has established himself as a vital part of Mauricio Pochettino's side and the Spurs boss will be desperate to hold onto his midfield star.

With a new stadium and exciting times ahead, Dembele is content with life at Tottenham and insists he has not contemplated a move to a bigger club.

'Really, I'm not aware of the interest of other clubs. And, besides, I told my agent to wait for the summer to tell me about any offers. For now, I'm only focusing on Tottenham.

'At this moment, I am very happy at Tottenham. I do not lie when I say that I do not think about a big transfer. I want to play a World Cup and afterwards we will see,' he added.

Dembele came off the bench for Kevin de Bruyne in Belgium's 4-0 victory against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday and is expected to be a key member of the squad in Russia.

Our team is at its best when this guy is on his game. What big transfer would be available to him I wonder?

Matic - 29/3/2018 15:18

Our team is at its best when this guy is on his game. What big transfer would be available to him I wonder?

everything would depend on his actual fitness, still thnk China would be favourites to land him - not too expensive but a big name with pedigree who could spend 2/3 years there and earn a fortune.

Spursex - 29/3/2018 15:21

everything would depend on his actual fitness, still thnk China would be favourites to land him - not too expensive but a big name with pedigree who could spend 2/3 years there and earn a fortune.

That would be a shame. He could still play here for another 2 seasons, then go to China for a few years at half fitness and still barnstorm. I'd like to see him sign for another 2 seasons with us because he is an absolute joy to watch.

Matic - 29/3/2018 15:31

Spursex - 29/3/2018 15:21

That would be a shame. He could still play here for another 2 seasons, then go to China for a few years at half fitness and still barnstorm. I'd like to see him sign for another 2 seasons with us because he is an absolute joy to watch.

I think there will be a lot to consider;

He'll want to know what Poch's new signing plan is and is that leaves room for him to compete/play regularly - and he'll understand that room in the squad won't allow for him/anyone to be carried if his fitness cannot or is unlikely to be maintained..

Then it's about the money - we are unlikely to give him the sort of last huge tax-free payday he could get in China (and it would be massive)...

But, if of course Poch/he agree that he has enough left in the tank and the club can give him a sum that he wants to sign an extension...who knows?

Agreed Matic, the team looks much better when he's at it.

I haven't enjoyed the impact of losing Walker and see right back as our weakest position on the pitch. To think we could have to deal with a triple impact of losing Toby, Rose and Dembele in one summer is unthinkable. That will put a lot of pressure on Poch who has spent years nurturing his core group. Let's hope we aren't faced with that scenario.

I certainly feel more confident of Dembele being a lily-white nest season versus the other two.

muttley - 30/3/2018 14:30

I haven't enjoyed the impact of losing Walker and see right back as our weakest position on the pitch. To think we could have to deal with a triple impact of losing Toby, Rose and Dembele in one summer is unthinkable. That will put a lot of pressure on Poch who has spent years nurturing his core group. Let's hope we aren't faced with that scenario.

I certainly feel more confident of Dembele being a lily-white nest season versus the other two.

There is a reason we have been nowhere near the title this season. Our best players have either been injured or had their heads turned.

I can see a busy summer transfer window ahead.

Moose should cash out in China if he can (If I'm selfless), play a couple years and finish in the Belgian league or France. He has his hotel to run.

Interesting dude.