Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bergwijn

• Rodon

• Total voters
Hojbjerg once again outperformed Bentancur.

Bentacur allows Hojberg to be a bit more adventurous in the final third, and that shows he's got real confidence he'll cover when needed, our central midfield hasn't had that 'confidence' in each other in a good while, it's helped transform our game and the screening of our defence - it's a huge reason why our defence looks so sound now. IN short, they're both better together than they are apart - and that's down to Paraticci and Conte to have the vision of what we needed.

Such a shame we haven't had Benty and kulu all season - what a massive difference it could have made.

I think what's happening here is Bentancur is bringing the best out of Hojbjerg.

They are starting to form a very good partnership.
I watched the game again this morning, it's amazing what you see the second time around. The improvement in the way PEH is now receiving the balls amazing, it use to drive me mad watching PEH and Sissoko playing backwards all the time. Now Conte has him taking it on the half turn, this means he's in a position to make a forward pass and he's quite capable of doing so.

Haha I have a ditto with Tops, watched the magic again this morning, it confirmed for me Hoj was the MOM, but closely followed by Harry and Sonny.

Regards Sonny think he targeted Holding, or was told to by Conte, all the same very well done.
Harry that's what we all want!

I obviously watched on TV, the atmosphere was out of this world and that's on TV, so all of you who were there, what was it like?

Even the 2 commentators said it was the best they had heard all season anywhere.

Haha I have a ditto with Tops, watched the magic again this morning, it confirmed for me Hoj was the MOM, but closely followed by Harry and Sonny.

Regards Sonny think he targeted Holding, or was told to by Conte, all the same very well done.
Harry that's what we all want!

I obviously watched on TV, the atmosphere was out of this world and that's on TV, so all of you who were there, what was it like?

Even the 2 commentators said it was the best they had heard all season anywhere.
Creating an atmosphere like last nights plays a vital part in making our home ground a fortress by intimidating the opposition, we need to see (hear) the same in every home game regardless of who we are playing.

I pray he can and we can see the Sess I first saw that had the confidence to leave defenders for dead ..

I like the way Sess gets beyond the defender into the box and crosses low. He has the pace and strength to do it. He really should have had another assist to his name last night but for Son fluffing it. Our front 3 will now know he can do it and get in to position to capitalise.

I watched the game again this morning, it's amazing what you see the second time around. The improvement in the way PEH is now receiving the balls amazing, it use to drive me mad watching PEH and Sissoko playing backwards all the time. Now Conte has him taking it on the half turn, this means he's in a position to make a forward pass and he's quite capable of doing so.

More like his Denmark form.

Pretty sure he made the best 11 in the tournament. He was also one of the top creators.

Goes to show how important partnerships are in a team.

What's encouraging even at 75%, he still has them glimpses of quality.

He is worth more time and effort.

Not sure what Reggie is thinking but his time here looks like it could be coming to an end.

So a new LWB will be needed to compete with Sess.

I have a suspicion he's being kept and that we will sell Ben Davies - assumimg Conte gets the LCB he wants, come the summer he has just 2 years left on his current deal and so far no one in the club have approached his rep about a new deal on the table, of course it could just be they're awaiting the end of the season, but that's unusual for us.

What's encouraging even at 75%, he still has them glimpses of quality.

He is worth more time and effort.

Not sure what Reggie is thinking but his time here looks like it could be coming to an end.

So a new LWB will be needed to compete with Sess.

We have a candidate to assess on Sunday, I assume McNeil will start for Burnley.

I've noticed him taking the ball on the half turn. And if not on the half turn then at least taking time to assess if he can go forward rather than immediately play a sideways or backwards return pass. What a difference it makes. Quite simple really.

So Sessegnon kept Saka in his pocket last night, still has Salah in his pocket from the two games vs Liverpool... Should we trust Conte's faith in him more than we do? The defensive side of his game is actually very good, and I believe the more he plays the more his attacking confidence will return. He can clearly find a player with a cross, which is an excellent start.

So Sessegnon kept Saka in his pocket last night, still has Salah in his pocket from the two games vs Liverpool... Should we trust Conte's faith in him more than we do? The defensive side of his game is actually very good, and I believe the more he plays the more his attacking confidence will return. He can clearly find a player with a cross, which is an excellent start.
He's very good defensively. He started as a LB, I believe, at Fulham and it shows. He ended in their forward line though and that's where I'd like to see him be more forceful. Not just as a provider but a finisher of goals. Emerson is getting chances (creating the opportunities) in almost every game so there's no reason why he can't do the same.

He's very good defensively. He started as a LB, I believe, at Fulham and it shows. He ended in their forward line though and that's where I'd like to see him be more forceful. Not just as a provider but a finisher of goals. Emerson is getting chances (creating the opportunities) in almost every game so there's no reason why he can't do the same.

Emerson has been taking up excellent attacking positions recently. Conte's work is starting to pay off. Sess is making good runs in behind but he is definitely not risking straying too far from that left hand touchline. That could be by design as Kulu is way more defensively astute than Son, so he knows where to cover Emerson. Conte probably doesnt want Son to do that same task because he really should stay closer to goal.

I voted Sanchez but instantly regretted it. Holding couldn’t live with Son. He’d have got sent off 3 times if he’d stayed on. Huge mismatch that effectively won us the game

Hoj was also very good. I’m one of his biggest critics but he showed what he can do when he’s on it and not trying to be Pierrlo

I have a suspicion he's being kept and that we will sell Ben Davies - assumimg Conte gets the LCB he wants, come the summer he has just 2 years left on his current deal and so far no one in the club have approached his rep about a new deal on the table, of course it could just be they're awaiting the end of the season, but that's unusual for us.

What you talk about is interesting. The following all have 2 years left

Dier, Kane, Doherty, Sanchez, Moura, Davies, Winks, Doherty, Lloris, Austin.

That's 10 of our squad that really should get a new deal or be moved on.