Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Royal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scarlett

• Dele

• Total voters
Can you imagine how good Tanguy could have been if he had a forward pass on? 80% of the time he looked straight up, it wasn't there so he had no choice but to go backwards, recycle and start again. He was trying to orchestrate proceedings, but it was tough in our setup (and lazy strikers).

I was enthused with his performance. Imagine if that had been someone else first game of the season. Could they have played that well?

I remember him in his 1st pre season and early days. His passing and vision was too much for Kane, Eriksen, Son and Dele.

His passing, and vision was way ahead of all of them. They couldn't control the ball because they had never played with anyone with his vision.

Some have and did, some have argued he's 'nothing special' and don't get why I rated him so highly. Of course, they'll hide now..lol!
I won't hide but then again I never said he didn't have the ability. Last night we saw nothing new from him and it was just further evidence of the criticisms of him. He shines brightly in spells but fades away for far too long.

I’ve gone for Tanganga .
Of course Ndom played well , and once he got the ball he used it well , but we still can’t rely on him putting in a complete shift .
That’s why I’ve gone for Tanga . A complete beast . We will miss him against the chavs

I won't hide but then again I never said he didn't have the ability. Last night we saw nothing new from him and it was just further evidence of the criticisms of him. He shines brightly in spells but fades away for far too long.

You are right...for now.

I can remember Modric doing that. He joined us at the same age Tanguy is now, 24, and would quite often go missing for spells. Then Eriksen came along and he did exactly the same thing. There were big question marks about their big game contribution. Both were superb 25/26 year olds for Spurs though and had grown through that phase to become the great players we remember.

Of course, Modric had quite a normal career. Eriksen didn't. He wasted 2 years of his life sulking like a baby before Inter. Tanguy has already wasted 2 of his and he's not even 25 yet. Gio has wasted 2 years of his as well.

It will be interesting whether we see a game soon where we see a 90 minute contribution from Tanguy and Gio, especially in a big game.

We don't have another creative talent like him, not even close; if he's committed, he'll come good - he hasn't played since April - frankly, I was amazed he covered as much ground as he did.

We don't have another creative talent like him, not even close; if he's committed, he'll come good - he hasn't played since April - frankly, I was amazed he covered as much ground as he did.

Well Tanguy has been training for about 10 weeks without a need for post-match rest periods as he hasn't played. He's been partaking in the high intensity training sessions during the week and been on his own programme. It's quite rare we see that without a player being burdened with an injury recovery on top.

It's possible he's had a clear run at getting incredibly lean and fit. He didn't look like we needed to take him off despite no "match fitness".

Or perhaps I'm just being the optimist.

He was the spark for our first goal. However, he is going to have to deliver for an entire season before I get my hopes up.