Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winks

• Bergwijn

• Total voters
Fair play to the lads. They proved me wrong by taking that extra step by climbing themselves back into 4th. Conte was a major factor in our rise but the whole squad pooled together which was great to see,

Sonny gets all the plaudits today, he's been in unbelievable form this season.

The entire back line was good when it had to be barring Dier's one big mistake.

Please find a replacement for Royal.

Bentancur got us fired up.
Kulu picked up on it
Sess had a good game
Hojberg is not my favourite player.

Moura's pass to Son was next level.
Berg was useful

Son was dead on his feet for the first 60 minutes.

Kane was there to get Sonny his boot and win the game.

Kulu broke their back,

So Kulu.

Call outs for Bentancur and Hojbjerg, but Kulusevski gets it for me.

Sonny struggled tor the first hour and only came to life after the game was done. Kulu was grafting like crazy all the time he was on the pitch whilst Kane was just floating around. In fact Kane only had 40 touches in 94 mins whilst Kulu had 50 touches in just 68 mins. Bentancur had 81 touches in 73 mins. Hojbjerg and Dier were the 2 guys with over 100 touches. Just shows who the real dependency is in our setup and who gets the plaudits.

I gave it to Kulu, that First goal was crucial and his second was a beaut. Bentancur was a close second for me, really pleased with how unselfish he was for First goal. Sonny third for me.

Kulu; he did almost everything right apart from tying his legs up! Strong, resilient and intelligent - seriously what a player we've picked up for almost peanuts.

From memory I think Kulu showed the most promise right from start and he has got better. He comes across very well when interviewed.
He was being asked about Son's Golden Boot achievement and he of course praised him for it. But I sensed he was thinking.....hhmmm let's see what I can do ?

I am less enthusiastic with Bentancur. He has the ability but prior to the Norwich game was outshone by Hojbjerg for a few games. That's an interesting benchmark because most think PEH is limited. Even Kulu gave away the fact that Bentancur always passes instead of scoring himself. Kulu expected that assist even though Bento probably had a right to have a go himself.

I'm not writing Bento off, far from it, but I want to see more and consistently before going all gushy on him.

From memory I think Kulu showed the most promise right from start and he has got better. He comes across very well when interviewed.
He was being asked about Son's Golden Boot achievement and he of course praised him for it. But I sensed he was thinking.....hhmmm let's see what I can do ?

I am less enthusiastic with Bentancur. He has the ability but prior to the Norwich game was outshone by Hojbjerg for a few games. That's an interesting benchmark because most think PEH is limited. Even Kulu gave away the fact that Bentancur always passes instead of scoring himself. Kulu expected that assist even though Bento probably had a right to have a go himself.

I'm not writing Bento off, far from it, but I want to see more and consistently before going all gushy on him.

Bento (as you call him!) probably knows his shooting technique is one of the worst we've seen, even Steffan Freund wasn't as bad as his, and he couldn't hit a barn door from 10 paces - shocking!

Shows Bento has some smarts at least!

The interesting thing is that Hojbjerg's performances have gone up a level since he has been playing with Bentancur. I think Bentancur is just one of those "oil in the engine" players that enables the entire system. I also think that pace across the ground is another massive factor. Hojbjerg isn't feeling so exposed knowing that Winks or Skipp have no pace either in those critical moments. That is why Hojbjerg used to get deeper and deeper and ended up alongside the centre halves.

The Skipp / Bentancur partnership is the interesting one. Then of course we've got the 19 year old Matar Sarr turning up for pre-season. He is supposed to have a bit of Bellingham about him.

The interesting thing is that Hojbjerg's performances have gone up a level since he has been playing with Bentancur. I think Bentancur is just one of those "oil in the engine" players that enables the entire system. I also think that pace across the ground is another massive factor. Hojbjerg isn't feeling so exposed knowing that Winks or Skipp have no pace either in those critical moments. That is why Hojbjerg used to get deeper and deeper and ended up alongside the centre halves.

The Skipp / Bentancur partnership is the interesting one. Then of course we've got the 19 year old Matar Sarr turning up for pre-season. He is supposed to have a bit of Bellingham about him.

But imagine a Bentancur and Neves combination. 🤤

Skippy and Sarr will hopefully get some minutes next season but are they ready for CL and a top 3 push? I can't see it.

Maybe another loan for Sarr will be the smart move.

I just feel on them Wednesday nights we need more class in the middle of the pitch.

Skippy and Sarr will hopefully get some minutes next season but are they ready for CL and a top 3 push? I can't see it.

I just feel on them Wednesday nights we need more class in the middle of the pitch.

Yeah, as you know I'm a Neves fan but I don't think we will go in for him. Neves has 4 goals and 2 assists all season. He's a deep lying tempo setter who perhaps hasn't hit the heights we all thought he would. Doesn't mean he wouldn't in our setup though. A player like Sess would love playing with a passer like that though.

I like the 'oil in the engine' phrase, the partnership will only work if Neves is the one doing the shooting!!

Yeah, as you know I'm a Neves fan but I don't think we will go in for him. Neves has 4 goals and 2 assists all season. He's a deep lying tempo setter who perhaps hasn't hit the heights we all thought he would. Doesn't mean he wouldn't in our setup though. A player like Sess would love playing with a passer like that though.

As me and you keep saying, intelligent players love playing with other intelligent players.

Their job is so much easier.

I don't think we will go anywhere near him either unfortunately.

One thing is certain...Bentancur and PEH are fine against teams that attack us and things open up a bit...

BUT against teams that sit back and park the bus....we need a different midfield combo to instill creativity to break through.

It would be nice to have a dude that can do it all...but if not it is nice to have options for whatever tactic we need to attack.