Most memorable away day | Vital Football

Most memorable away day

Bigruss1967

Vital Youth Team
Just reminiscing about my favourite away day it has to be Leicester when we got promotion......but two wins at the sty comes close last September and the Bobby Davison debut

11 of May 1985 away at Brighton and the day of the Bradford City Fire. Just a superb lads weekend. For football reasons Leicester promotion.

Still Darlington for me as it was the fist time I'd seen us win owt Leicester was a very close second especially with the pigs adding to the occasion I was at that Brighton weekend and it was manic

I still find it hard to better Darlington as a total experience. I was young and daft then as well which makes the memory that much fonder.

Hopefully this will be replaced with a win at Wembley, sometime...

Bolton away at the old ground on a bank holiday monday, we lost 3-1 Keef though getting the vital goal that took us up. We borrowed firms clapped out minibus, nutty norman was driving and we kept getting lost..:LOL:..then we arrived at the ground only to see thousands of blades fans still trying to get in the away end.
We went in one of their stands, next thing it all kicked off in the bottom corner next to the blades end...hundreds of blades fans had congregated there, all their fans came running round from the kop..bottles glasses whole lot was getting chucked up in the air.....

So so easy
Leicester away
Promotion, pigs relegated
Happy days
Enjoyed Darlington and Bobby Davison day though

Darlington , Leicester and Cardiff away 2006 , in the pub with Cass etc after watching Leeds cock up to just about confirm promotion.

Cheers Gray.

Welcome Chings mi owd.All the games mentioned were brill and for me it's the toss of coin between Darlo&Leicester 1990.Franchise in the 100point Champions season was gud also.My first proper away game was Wet Sham away in't cup in 1968,we beat the World Cup winners wi 5 reserves in our side and one of the reserves Phil Cliff scored both goals,mi dear owd dad took us on't Wet Sham kop and after a few hairy moments we got stood at side of a few decent Hammers and i bet one of em a Tanner that we'd win,when Phil scored our 2nd he gave a shilling i was happier wi mi winnins than i was the result.:wahey: I was tight chuff even in mi youth.:LOL: UTCB

I don't get to go to many away games and most that I do go to are either not that memorable, or memorable for the wrong reasons, so here is a slightly different one as we lost: Coventry City away, first match of the 2002/03 season. We absolutely battered them and somehow lost 2-1. However, that game showed me that we were capable of having a good season when I had previously expected a standard mid-table also-ran one.

Leicester for all the best reasons including the crying Pig baiting when we got back. Stamford Bridge for all the worse. Total ecstasy to agony within 45 minutes, and did that little git Stein ever play again?