Morecambe | Vital Football

Morecambe

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
In a game where they could have definitely sealed their place in the Football League last night, just 992 turned up to watch them against Cambridge. What's the point?

I had a read of their forum when we drew with them and, in short, Bentley plays negative football, nothing happens during games, it's boring, they rarely look to try and win a game, they don't score enough and draw too many.

its also a tiny place... they had more fans per population than Coventry did last night.

its also a tiny place... they had more fans per population than Coventry did last night.

Strictly speaking, looking at population estimates, that's not quite true as Coventry just edge it, but it's still a good point. Lincoln must surely hold one of the highest fan ratio per population figures – we always used to be quite high in the past, but the city has grown massively, as have our crowds.

In a game where they could have definitely sealed their place in the Football League last night, just 992 turned up to watch them against Cambridge. What's the point?

weather in this part of the world last night was fuking terrible , even i din't go out to the pub , let alone a football match .

With LPL at home and on tv maye people decided to stay in with a beer or two . yep i can see why only 992 went lol . shouldn't think many went from Cambridge either .

well done to those who did venture out

Strictly speaking, looking at population estimates, that's not quite true as Coventry just edge it, but it's still a good point. Lincoln must surely hold one of the highest fan ratio per population figures – we always used to be quite high in the past, but the city has grown massively, as have our crowds.

I did see a table not long ago. It was based on the location of the stadium. We did well but not top. Grimsby were above us being based in a small town outside Grimsby and obviously the Villagers did well too. We were right up there though and obviously there were these anomalies above us.

I did see a table not long ago. It was based on the location of the stadium. We did well but not top. Grimsby were above us being based in a small town outside Grimsby and obviously the Villagers did well too. We were right up there though and obviously there were these anomalies above us.

Anomalies? That's a very polite way to describe FGR and the Cods! :lol: