Morecambe (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Morecambe (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do we need to do to beat Morecambe on Saturday?

Minimum of 150 words required!

1. Play to our attacking strengths which means using the width of the pitch to allow Andrade and Anderson or Gordon the space to attack with pace down the flanks to get crosses in

2. And as a continuation of that play with 2 up front to capitalize on those crosses as Morecambe will come to defend we need threats in the box which would be increased if we had a proper partner for Akinde rather than a number 10 coming from deep

3. Man for man Lincoln are better than Morecambe. So if the players play to their abilities this is a game we should win. The top of the table will be tight for the rest of the season with MK Dons, Colchester, Mansfield and Bury playing well so we need to take three points from games like this to keep the pressure on

That only one thing!

Ok, how about this:

1) Play with two up front, perhaps Rhead as target man to feed the beast which is Akinde. Whilst I appreciate this leaves no room for Green, who certainly deserves his chance, at least he would be a very good replacement for either of the other two.

2) Ensure that we press constantly from the front as, in some games recently, we have tended to let teams come at us at times. Like many fans, it worries me when I see my team allowing others to come at them; it almost feels inevitable that we will concede at some point.

3) Don't let O'Connor take all attacking free kicks and corners as he wastes too many, especially going for the near post and not beating the first man. I much prefer to mix it up a bit and give Eardley and Andrade a chance to provide something different. Even Bossie should have a go from any free kick just outside the area; was it at Swindon last season he scored direct from a free kick?

Is that better, Notty?

Ok, how about this:

1) Play with two up front, perhaps Rhead as target man to feed the beast which is Akinde. Whilst I appreciate this leaves no room for Green, who certainly deserves his chance, at least he would be a very good replacement for either of the other two.

2) Ensure that we press constantly from the front as, in some games recently, we have tended to let teams come at us at times. Like many fans, it worries me when I see my team allowing others to come at them; it almost feels inevitable that we will concede at some point.

3) Don't let O'Connor take all attacking free kicks and corners as he wastes too many, especially going for the near post and not beating the first man. I much prefer to mix it up a bit and give Eardley and Andrade a chance to provide something different. Even Bossie should have a go from any free kick just outside the area; was it at Swindon last season he scored direct from a free kick?

Is that better, Notty?

B+ :grinning:

Now in French, please.

B+ :grinning:

Now in French, please.

1) Jouer avec deux devant; peut-être avec Rhead comme cible pour nourir la bête Akinde. J'aprécie que cela ne laisse pas de place pour Green, qui à certainement mériter sa chance, enfin il sera un très bon remplaçant pour l'un des deux autres.

Will that do for starters?

1) Jouer avec deux devant; peut-être avec Rhead comme cible pour nourir la bête Akinde. J'aprécie que cela ne laisse pas de place pour Green, qui à certainement mériter sa chance, enfin il sera un très bon remplaçant pour l'un des deux autres.

Will that do for starters?

I don't know, I don't speak French. But Goolge Translate reckons this is what you wrote:

"Play with two front; perhaps with Rhead as a target to feed the Akinde beast. I appreciate that this leaves no room for Green, who certainly deserve his luck, finally he will be a very good substitute for one of the other two."

I think we have a new name for JA: John Akinde-Beast-Penalty. :lol:

I don't know, I don't speak French. But Goolge Translate reckons this is what you wrote:

"Play with two front; perhaps with Rhead as a target to feed the Akinde beast. I appreciate that this leaves no room for Green, who certainly deserve his luck, finally he will be a very good substitute for one of the other two."

I think we have a new name for JA: John Akinde-Beast-Penalty. :lol:

Poor translation back into English. For your info, I used to be a teacher of French, hold a First Class Degree in French and have spoken both languages since I could speak, having had a French-speaking Belgian mother.

Also, it's 'Google' not 'Goolge' mate!

Oh, and you gave me a B+ for the original post, what did I get for the French translation?

Poor translation back into English. For your info, I used to be a teacher of French, hold a First Class Degree in French and have spoken both languages since I could speak, having had a French-speaking Belgian mother.

Oh, and you gave me a B+ for the original post, what did I get for the French translation?

I know you speak French, hence the request, ;)

My old boss had a Masters degree in languages and used to teach English to the French (in France), he could also speak Latin and German.

Espero que los langostinos será un equipo muy defensivo y bien planteado en el centro, con pocos espacios entre las lineas.

Asi es un dia para hacer paciencia a menos que marcamos un gol temprano.

Prefiero ver dos puntos de ataque si los visitantes va a defender profundo, y utilizar los laterales como extremos para llegar al fondo y crear peligro

Asi, con muchos atacantes, necesitamos un pivote, O'Connor, para ofrecer proteccion a los centrales si el Morecambe intenta jugar en la contra

Quizas tenemos que jugar un estilo un poco más vertical que habitual hasta tenemos la ventaja en el marcador ó el rival está cansado

And trusty Google translate suggests;

I hope the prawns will be a very defensive team and well planned in the center, with few spaces between the lines.

This is a day to be patient unless we score early.

I prefer to see two attack points if the visitors will defend deep, and use the ends as ends to get to the bottom and create danger

So, with many attackers, we need a pivot, O'Connor, to offer protection to the central if Morecambe tries to play against

Maybe we have to play a style a little more vertical than usual until we have the advantage in the score or the opponent is tired

HoD QonoS puQmo' date 15 december 2018. vay' boldly nuqDaq ghaH team imps pagh nIS maH. Suq QujmeH moQ akinde vo' tev positions opposition tlhingan Hubbeq Saw'. close to je qIt byline lopno'. preferably 'eS QujmeH moQ across 6 yard box pagh Ha' keepers defenders 'ej. wej mess woDDI' chuH ins. pol 11 DawI' tor.

secondly, may' 'ej mIgh 'e' morecambe vaj pong maH weekend naQ 90-tup raD overcome nIS maH.

HeS wej Hoch supporters. pagh sniping. Suq De''e' team-regardless of baS 'ay' qIb leng SoH vo'. Ha' imps.