More Whispers or Rumours | Vital Football

More Whispers or Rumours

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
Again.

Would have had him back in January, had he shown his willingness to fight for promotion with us.

Not so sure now.

Too many rumours, not enough action. Maybe this is why we created the rumours thread as it can be ignored if people want to.

Far too quiet for a team that wants to pass go and collect the £200 although I agree there's plenty of time in theory but in regards to planning, we're already playing catch up.

As for Townsend, my initial thoughts still stand in that he deserted a ship that was looking for a paddle and whilst we're still a small ship in a big pond, he would help us steer in the direction we want to, so it's mixed for me.

Mixed feelings here too. He's a talent for sure, but deserted us to save his *ahem* 'England career'.

I'll start another thread on this particular 'rumour' if I so wish. So I have.

Talking of wingers though, Lee Ryder reckons there's something in us wanting Boro's Adama Traore. So maybe a swop deal could be in the offing with Darlow.

I quite like Darlow - even though he's far from the finished article yet, I do think he'll go on to be England's number one in a few years time - all the experience will eventually add up - and there isn't that much competition around right now.

In my opinion, it would be a mistake to let him go, on the same scale as it was for Forster. Just because he's not the top 'keeper now, doesn't mean to say he won't be in a couple of years.

I'd move on Selz (was happy he was loaned out, but now think we're best of selling him), and Krul too.

Reina, Darlow, Elliot with Woodman coming through the ranks would be my preferred order.

My problem with Darlow and other keepers we've had recently is their distribution, commanding of the box and ability to think quickly. Those type of qualities are what separates the excellent from the rest.

Unfortunately,ours lie within 'the rest' category.

Id move on all keepers apart from the kids and reboot. I just think they've been badly coached from Woodman's Dad and those before him.

I think we have some decent 'keepers - perhaps 'the best of the rest' as none of them are up there with the worlds best.

I think we're relatively strong in this area, in quality and depth.

If we could get Reina, and he performs, we'd take it up a notch.

CuckFan - 7/7/2017 23:08

I think we have some decent 'keepers - perhaps 'the best of the rest' as none of them are up there with the worlds best.

I think we're relatively strong in this area, in quality and depth.

If we could get Reina, and he performs, we'd take it up a notch.

I agree. It's been ages since we've had an able keeper that can spur on the rest of the side.

Not for me. He had a bit of a purple patch with us which was out of character in his career up until then and he was fucking woeful last season.

"I'll start another thread on this particular 'rumour' if I so wish. So I have. "

TNMW showing admirable restraint not biting at that . I'd be reminding the little bell whiff who runs the show here.

keggy_keagal - 8/7/2017 11:30

"I'll start another thread on this particular 'rumour' if I so wish. So I have. "

TNMW showing admirable restraint not biting at that . I'd be reminding the little bell whiff who runs the show here.

I cant even remember that much from last night to be honest and it's no surprise ive missed it. :8:

*Gets ready to do some magic and merge.......... :35:

Mackems want Daryl Murphy on loan apparently. Dont know how many loans they're allowed in division 2 but I just cant see it due to his age.

Jacob Murphy link has been intensified with talk that we've increased an offer based on Murphy hoying in a transfer request. Boyhood Toon fan apparently.

I think that one will go through as however much we pay he will be a good investment and almost certainly worth more in the future. Oh sorry I forgot we don't do it like that any more.